• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix Grenade Spamming

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Grenade spamming is silly. As soon as a FP appears so do 15 grenades instantly. It should take at least 5 seconds to lower a weapon, reach for a grenade from the webbing, pull the pin, extend the arm behind the head and throw.

The other weapons are broadly authentic with loading. The current grenade design just dilutes the KF gaming experience.

Role play it. 2 seconds is impossible.
What does that have to do with anything?

I also think 5 seconds would be much too long, but I do agree that at the moment it's very easy to just spam grenades. Although, I don't waste grenades on flesh pounds anymore as the knife is much quicker, and if you role play it you'll see that it's possible in real life too.

My solution would be to only play with people that you know will not spam grenades. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grenades do awfully low damage at the moment. If you want realism, then the 'nades should do a lot more damage in the explosion radius and there should be a long range fragment damage.

I don't know what I want. I don't see this very important thing to fix. I would rather see other changes first.

In the end, I would probably want more realistic 'nade explosions and slower throwing speed but it works fine now, too.

Upvote 0
What does that have to do with anything?

I also think 5 seconds would be much too long, but I do agree that at the moment it's very easy to just spam grenades. Although, I don't waste grenades on flesh pounds anymore as the knife is much quicker, and if you role play it you'll see that it's possible in real life too.

My solution would be to only play with people that you know will not spam grenades. :)

I didn't know you could kill fleshpounds with a knife in real life. Thanks for the info.

(sorry felt like being a dick)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey!

How about a mini-game of how you pick that 'nade from one of your dozens pockets? You should search for it and grapple it and after you got a good touch of it you would be able to throw it!!

Yeaaaah!! That's how it should be done! A mini-game! Good players would be able to throw them sooooo fast!!

Upvote 0
Hey!

How about a mini-game of how you pick that 'nade from one of your dozens pockets? You should search for it and grapple it and after you got a good touch of it you would be able to throw it!!

Yeaaaah!! That's how it should be done! A mini-game! Good players would be able to throw them sooooo fast!!

Having to do all that stuff just TO throw a grenade? That'd take AGES!

Upvote 0
I think the best solution would be:

- First of all, put grenades in their own weapon slot so players have to switch to them.
- Lengthen the "pull the pin out & throw" animation.
- Add a 2-3 second cooldown in between throwing the grenade and pulling out the next one.

If this were implemented, however, I think we could also justify increased power from grenades.

Having to do all that stuff just TO throw a grenade? That'd take AGES!
trolled

Last edited:
Upvote 0