• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix Grenade Spamming

I think the best solution would be:

- First of all, put grenades in their own weapon slot so players have to switch to them.
- Lengthen the "pull the pin out & throw" animation.
- Add a 2-3 second cooldown in between throwing the grenade and pulling out the next one.

If this were implemented, however, I think we could also justify increased power from grenades.

Agreed. Or just the regular G but still, lengthen the animation "pull the pin out & throw". The animation should take like 2 - 3 second after u pressed "G", and 2 - 3 second cooldown.

Upvote 0
Personally, I like being able to insta-throw one. I don't think it's unreasonable that a military/police professional would have at least 1-2 grenades at the immediate ready. The 'throw immediately' thing is fine. But afterwards, there should be some recovery time (This is where that 2-3 seconds should come into play) as the gun is raised again.

As it is, since there's no recovery time at all, you can easily spam 5 grenades in about 3 seconds...I could see MAYBE 2 grenades in 3 seconds, but 5 is a little much...

As for Grenades in their own slot? No thanks, this isn't Counter-Strike...

Upvote 0
I think the best solution would be:

- First of all, put grenades in their own weapon slot so players have to switch to them.
- Lengthen the "pull the pin out & throw" animation.
- Add a 2-3 second cooldown in between throwing the grenade and pulling out the next one.

If this were implemented, however, I think we could also justify increased power from grenades.

trolled

almost every game i know of that requires you to equip grenades and then throw them results in grenades almost never being used.. i'll gladly throw a grenade in a crowd if all i have to do is press a single key but if i have to swap my shotgun for a grenade, i'd rather keep the shotgun in hand

Upvote 0
Ehh so what then? A console command? type "throw_grenade" to throw it.. Now that's different than some Halos and Team Fortresses.. It should stay in the G button, period.

Or just, switching out to grenades. Not a hard concept for most people to get their heads around. Eliminates spamming, and forces people to use grenades more intelligently.

Upvote 0