• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Feedback from the Trading Floor

Maybe I'm missing something, but wasn't the most recent announcement nearly as ambiguous as it can be? No details whatsoever. Just that there will (probably) be cosmetics involved. For what I can tell people are jumping to conclusions way too quickly.

Let's stash away the pitchforks until we see what it is. ^^

Upvote 0
I'm not committing just yet either... the most important question I had was missing from the FAQ... an ETA on when the update was arriving.

...but then I remembered it's Tripwire... they don't do even rough ETA's :')

Even though they're going about it right by excluding stat-boosts, that 90% positive review rating will be hanging on for dear life this week purely because of the negativity surrounding micro-transactions, which is a shame.

Upvote 0
I bought skin DLC for KF1 if I liked them, but I'm not going to gamble for content of any form.

No idea what to this though. There are collector and gambling games and if you like them fine. However, coop FPS never had anything to do with that and the only reason this system exists is to play on addictions and collector urges in order to make that extra buck.

I would have rather payed 50

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My main issue with this is that it explicitly says "cosmetic only". Thats would be fine if the game was finished, but its not. its early access still, perks and weapons have already taken way longer to implement than expected, we still have 4 perks + related weapons that have yet to be finished and they have already been spending time on cosmetic items like character skins.

They need stop wasting time on cosmetics and finish the core game before even considering this TF2-inspired trading stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I like to note how many hours they have in KF2 and divide the $30 price by that number.

I have about 60 hours in FO4 today, so, a dollar per hour of game so far. I'll take that deal any day. For KF2, I am at roughly 15 cents per hour.

I don't need either team to make it just like I want it, the way I would do it or even be aware that I exist. I just need the thing to be a good value for money and not one of those "one weekend" games.

Upvote 0
I don't mind micro-transactions at all.

That said, I actually had to come to the forums specifically to complain about this. The game isn't done, at all. Content comes out at a rate slower than the growth of toenails as it is and we are supposed to be happy that time which could be going into adding in actual important content is instead going into total fluff?

I'm really really let down by this.

Also, where is the bloomin' "last weapon used" button ?!?

Upvote 0
I have no issue at all with cosmetic stuff if people want to do it. The money they pay will help continue development on the game. This is a proven formula and we ALL win with it.

However I am concerned that this would come out prior to the game being fully released. IMO this should be in the final build once we are no longer in EA. TWI has already been slow to release content which has been a hot topic and putting resources on this understandably will not go over well.

Upvote 0
If that's gonna be only cosmetic items, well, that's probably not a total catastrophe.

It certainly adds that cheap hooker feel to the game, though. And the visual integrity of the game will surely deteriorate in attempt to come up constantly with new shiny things kids would like to buy.

Also, the fact that developer resources are wasted on implementing that instead of delivering the final product we already paid for, further increases my disappointment with TWI.

Upvote 0
Apart from the vicious displays of anger [mostly "omg twi sucks" and "fak u guise"], there's a few fairly straightforward points of view:

"Focus on content, not fluff"

"I have no problem with this as an idea, but it seems like a poor choice to do now seeing as many people are annoyed, justifiably or not, at the speed of development, so they'll probably take it as somewhat of a slap in the face"

"I am happy with the fact that it is purely cosmetic. I am sure there will be some items I will want to unlock and I don't mind giving a little tip money to get them. But Stat & Exp boosting items should NEVER be added and KF2 should never go Free-to-Play."

Thoughts?

Upvote 0
My question is why they put the time and money implementing the cosmetic store system before adding more core mechanic/perks/maps into the game so they can get out of EA-phase quicker? I understand the cosmetics are done by the community equivalent to CS:GO and Dota 2, but that does not justify the development team putting their time setting the store up when they could have R&D new weapons, monsters, maps, etc.

Had the cosmetic store been released after EA-phase (I read the FAQs and I do not buy the whole EA-phase is the perfect opportunity) it probably would have been accepted a little more to the general mass who bought this game in the first week. I am going to go as far as to say this was implemented into the EA-phase so TWI can gain further profit from drones that want cool looking textures while killing ZEDs.

"It's only cosmetics, you don't have to buy it," that's the best defense people can come up with as if it's the answer to all the questions from players waiting for months with no new content? Players who purchased KF2 early expected KF1 with modern graphics and new engine; they did not expect another cosmetic microtransaction store. Unless we're getting two big patches where one is the trading floor and the other is additional perks and maps I do not see a win-win decision on this announcement.

Upvote 0
Apart from the vicious displays of anger [mostly "omg twi sucks" and "fak u guise"], there's a few fairly straightforward points of view:

"Focus on content, not fluff"

"I have no problem with this as an idea, but it seems like a poor choice to do now seeing as many people are annoyed, justifiably or not, at the speed of development, so they'll probably take it as somewhat of a slap in the face"

"I am happy with the fact that it is purely cosmetic. I am sure there will be some items I will want to unlock and I don't mind giving a little tip money to get them. But Stat & Exp boosting items should NEVER be added and KF2 should never go Free-to-Play."

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, if it involves my for-real money, they might want to roll that out in early access and tune it up with suggestions and feedback, rather than just dropping an untried system in the final release version.

Upvote 0