• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Favorite Weapon?

Fave pistol-Luger, looks really nice, feels great to use, and is very powerful

Fave smg-PPSH 41, looks good (beats cod's PPSH in looks anyday), devastating in CQB, spits out bullets the fastest out of all smg's, and has a massive magazine

Fave rifle-Kar 98, looks nice, makes a much nicer sound than MN, iron sights m uch easier to use than the MN's sights (though the MN sights do look nicer

Fave MG-DP 28, very accurate, low recoil compared to German MG's recoil, easy to use in hip shoot stance, powerful, uses bullets more wisely than the german MG's (i.e. you can take a guy out in 1 burst, where German MG's require a hail of bullets to take out 1 man)

Fave semi-auto rifle-G41, looks good, nice Iron sights, more accurate than SVT 40, and the reload is nice, as it can be done half way through a magazine.

Overall fave weapon-Kar 98, devastatijng if used well, 1 hit to kill in torso and head, has bayonet attachment for close quaters, and i can hipshot very well with it up close

Upvote 0
My infantry favs are (in order of preference):

G-43 or SVT-40 (depending on which side I'm playing)
G-41 (slower reload with stripper clips, got killed doing that just yesterday, but very good weapon for the early war maps and sounds better than the G-43)
StG-44 (not accurate enough at range on semi-auto, was disappointed when I tried it after the patch giving us that option...went back to semi- rifles after that. It works very well for house to house encounters though, will drop any Russian weapon for it when in Danzig.)

Of course I pick up any Panzerfausts I can lay my hands on during the game no matter what role I'm in. Even if I'm a tanker.:D

Upvote 0
Whats your favorite weapon in RO and why?

I like the M38, because its a bolt, and becuase it has no bayonet, you are more likely to hit the person with the gun. The gun is also accurate, and looks better than other rifles, plus its lighter than other rifles. The gun is so quick and accurate, not even SMGs can win in close range (hipshot FTW!), and Semi Autos are hopeless at any distance.

My other favorite is the STG44. I say its the best gun in the entire game, because its almost as accurate as a rifle, and looks awesome, and with 30 ammo, you can do alot of damage before you reload. Its also the first Assault Rifle ever made.

No bolt is as good as a semi auto rifle unless you're on a map with long distance shots, and there's only a few of those (that are any good at least).

Upvote 0
No bolt is as good as a semi auto rifle unless you're on a map with long distance shots, and there's only a few of those (that are any good at least).

Ill take a bolt over a g43 any day - its so inaccurate I might as well have fired 1 precise shot than 5 that miss and show my position. The inaccuracy is noticable on all maps IMO except for ultra close range fighting where you're better off with an SMG anyway. Medium range can be quite good though but still theres a hefty randomness and shots can still miss at this range.

SVT is a bit better though IMO, but I hate taking shots with it and feeling I would have got the kill if I took a bolt instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ill take a bolt over a g43 any day - its so inaccurate I might as well have fired 1 precise shot than 5 that miss and show my position. The inaccuracy is noticable on all maps IMO except for ultra close range fighting where you're better off with an SMG anyway. Medium range can be quite good though but still theres a hefty randomness and shots can still miss at this range.

SVT is a bit better though IMO, but I hate taking shots with it and feeling I would have got the kill if I took a bolt instead.

Then that is user error. It isn't impossible to drop an enemy with one shot from a semi-auto, and it can be done at any range. The accuracy between a bolt and a semi-auto isn't horribly noticeable either. It's noticeable with the longer shots, like I said, but that's really it.

Like I said, unless you got a target 100+ yards to shoot at, you will survive longer if you have a semi-automatic. Time is precious when you're shooting at someone.

Upvote 0
MY first favourite from the good ol mod was MP-40/41 Damn i cant choose i tend to like the MP-40 more bcause its mutch more.......cooler.
Another favourites are the PTRD and the german MG42. PTRD is just a beautifull work of DESTRUCTION :cool: and i have had my good moments in the mod with it :rolleyes: MG42 is just a good n powerfull weapon I have to say it was love at first sight :eek:

Upvote 0
F1 grenade. Quicker to get into action than the German potato masher, easier to cook, nice blast radius. Nice for taking out multiple enemies and those behind cover or around corners. Great for clearing a path on a bayonet or SMG charge into a cap zone. Biggest drawback is the "click" when the pin is pulled, as it can give you away to enemies within earshot.

Upvote 0

I disagree. Bolt action rifles are awesome in close range if used properly. Sure, the Semi auto has 10 shots, but the recoil is huge, and Semi autos sway too much. The accuracy of bolt is better than Semi,, and The Semi's aim goes insane after the first shot, and you need to go prone to get a good long range shot. For Bolt, my aim is always steady, even when standing and every shot has pinpoint accuracy. For Semi, after you miss a target, there is little hope for firing another shot accurately if standing/crouched since the gun becomes very unsteady and unbalanced. Another reason why I prefer bolt over Semi is that you can laugh at the Semi Auto rifleman's face and tease him, and its always more rewarding killing with bolt, especially when you hipshoot a pesky enemy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I agree, semi-autos are definitely capable of killing someone but that's not the point, the sniper role is about precision not getting a lot of lead in the air. The G43 just doesn't possess the same kind of exact accuracy a sniper needs as the Kar98k does, especially at extreme ranges.

The semi-autos may have a higher rate of fire but with all the recoil it doesn't make a lot of difference since you have to aim again anyway. It doesn't actually increase your rate of fire much over a bolt-action in my opinion.

Overall, there are some situations where a semi-auto sniper is more useful, especially when you might get caught in CQB, but overall I prefer the bolt-actions.

Upvote 0