• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Failing to Spawn on Squad Leader

I was playing Mamayev as a squad leader and I kept getting messages that a player failed to spawn on me. What do I do as squad leader to make players successfully spawn on me?

I believe that is intentional and the same as before but now you get a message just letting you know that you probably weren't near any spawn points that players can spawn near you.

Upvote 0
I was playing Mamayev as a squad leader and I kept getting messages that a player failed to spawn on me. What do I do as squad leader to make players successfully spawn on me?

You have to be out of sight from any enemies (i believe it is the same trigger that is used for the peripheral indicator for this, so you really need to be completely and utterly out of sight of any enemy, no matter range, smoke or such things) and you have to be outside enemy held objectives.

Upvote 0
Definitely something they should rework. I want to stick with my squad all the time, so spawn on squad leader has to work always! (unless he's dead of course)

I think what is trying to be said, that the beta is no different than the stock version except you get a notification if it doesn't work. If the spawning on squad leader isn't working, the squad leader needs to place himself in a better position. There is a lot of responsibility being the squad leader! :D

Upvote 0
Why so complicated? This is only gonna drag squads apart... haven't seen any serious squad play in RO2 yet.

Look at Battlefield 3, you can litterally spawn on pretty much any teammate. And you know what usually happens? That's right, you walk together "like" a squad, you look like a squad, but in the end you still don't behave like a squad.

Good squad play can only come from using voice chat properly in this game. It requires proactive invitations for your team to help you.

Upvote 0
One person says SL's in capzones make the cap process go a lot faster, others say they are only useful outside the cap zones so people can spawn on them.

So many things are made too complicated, too many rules that almost no one knows about. So how do you expect people to play the game right, if we have to figure everything out ourselves? How are we supposed to know about these things? I didn't get a manual with the game...

Upvote 0
One person says SL's in capzones make the cap process go a lot faster, others say they are only useful outside the cap zones so people can spawn on them.

So many things are made too complicated, too many rules that almost no one knows about. So how do you expect people to play the game right, if we have to figure everything out ourselves? How are we supposed to know about these things? I didn't get a manual with the game...

And that is the difference between a good squad leader and a private :D

JK

These aren't things you HAVE TO KNOW to play a squad leader, but when you do know them they can help you help your team a little better.

Upvote 0
To be fair only SL1 has enough players in his squad to make him useful as a spawn point (or DH mdv if you like).
If i am SL1 then i will stay just outside of the cap moving in to boost numbers when needed but as the other numbered squad leaders ,I will be more proactive in the capzone,smoking areas and spotting.

The whole process would be easier if the squad leaders had the spawn timer showing so they can make sure they are in a good spot for their squad to spawn.
Squad play is good fun when it works...

Upvote 0
Look at Battlefield 3, you can litterally spawn on pretty much any teammate. And you know what usually happens? That's right, you walk together "like" a squad, you look like a squad, but in the end you still don't behave like a squad.

Good squad play can only come from using voice chat properly in this game. It requires proactive invitations for your team to help you.

Yeah, the voice chat would go like this:

SL: where is everybody?
S2: On the other side of the map
SL: Oh...

Upvote 0
Yeah, the voice chat would go like this:

SL: where is everybody?
S2: On the other side of the map
SL: Oh...

The idea here is that if you take your role as leader seriously, you shouldn't really bother with trivial questions like that. Because they sound like complaints. "Where is everybody?" can easily be phrased as "Everyone go to Objective C please".

The difference is, that one requires an answer and the other requires an action. In pubs most people play the game to perform actions, not to communicate extensively.

Try the difference and you will see that voice chat suddenly becomes much more effective if people are actually listening to you.

Upvote 0

That's totally up to the players. I used to play with friends using Team Speak and we all played in a squad AS a squad.
Try that in RO2: one gets killed, can't respawn on SL, can't see his squad members' names sticking out once respawned, gets frustrated and plays on his own.

Squad mechanics NEED to be reworked in RO. It's so little fun to play with friends right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes, I've been playing as an SL with friends a lot and it's quite frustrating when SL-spawn doesn't work in 2/3 of all attempts or even more.

Having to be out of sight sounds fair, but it feels like the system checking this condition might be broken, as I remember numerous occasions where I have been sitting in a small room outside any enemy cap zones on my own and still not have my guys spawn in.

Upvote 0
That's totally up to the players. I used to play with friends using Team Speak and we all played in a squad AS a squad.
Try that in RO2: one gets killed, can't respawn on SL, can't see his squad members' names sticking out once respawned, gets frustrated and plays on his own.

Squad mechanics NEED to be reworked in RO. It's so little fun to play with friends right now.

Like I said, good teamwork is seperate from the ability to spawn upon eachother. How do you think it was done in the earlier days when such refined features weren't anywhere to be seen?

You used Teamspeak, and that's why you managed to get squad play going. I like the system the way it is now, however the following improvements could be made in my opinion.

Firstly they should give the squad leader a strong HUD visual that allows them to see if players are able to spawn upon them. Secondly they should make sure that it's obvious for the players why that they are not allowed to spawn. The denial of spawn message should atleast contain the reason why you weren't able to spawn, f.e "Squad Leader suppressed, spawning failed".

Upvote 0