• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

European Front?

Tonedef

Nov 21, 2005
I am shocked I have not seen any threads about any mods for the whole European Front with British, US, Germany, and all. Everything is so limited to Itallian, Normandy...etc. I mean why not just a European Front, wich includes all of that, many countries based off of maps. I mean I could see a lot of potential there...

Well Tonedef it's because western front is WAY overdone. The western front, meaning no disrespect to those who faught and died bravely there, was pretty small compared to 40-43 in Afrika/Mediterrianian and 41-45 on the Eastern Front. And yeah, its overdone.

Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat:Source
Call of duty
Call of duty: UO
Call of duty 2
Resistance and Liberation comming

Upvote 0
Sent666 said:
I agree that the western front has been overdone. But the games you mentioned are....um....not "simulations" like Red Orchestra is. With that said, I wouldn't mind to have atleast one more western front game, aslong as it is done well and accurate like RO:O is.
RO:OST is not a simulation in the least. It's a fast-paced first person shooter with an inclination for realism.

A simulation would be Virtual Battlefield System.

Upvote 0
Have It All

Have It All

My dream would be to have a FPS that allows the customer to EASILY create scenarios and engagements from any war he wants. I would like to see the game developers create the basic engine, create soldier and equipment models for all the fronts and even other wars, and also offer terrain, buildings, and other props for maps, and then let the customer with the SDK build the scenario, vignettes for whatever front or war they want. Then the role of the developer becomes one of constantly upgrading the basic engine and the soldiers and equipment and props that can be selected by the custoer to build a custom scenario/engagement. This type of committment to constantly improve the engine and props as better application software is available would keep my committment to this publisher. The publisher would sort of be your hobby shop you go to get things to build a diaroma - in this case one that you can jump into and share with others to fight in. So what would be in it for the developer? If I were them, I would do what I mention above and offer it for sale as an annual subscription. So you pay the subscription and get the upgraded capabilities throughout the year and as long as you continue your subscription.

Upvote 0
Seth_Soldier said:
there is a western front mod for RO.
It's called "campagne france:liberty guns voices" And it's about the french army from the landing (normandy/provence) until the germany campaign.
But unfortunately we are so few around the project:( and i can only provide models because i already work for an other mod.

I would love to see a mod for RO that was the invasion of France and Belgium. Heck, most of the weapons you've listed would work too!

Upvote 0
Lonestar Ranger said:
My dream would be to have a FPS that allows the customer to EASILY create scenarios and engagements from any war he wants. I would like to see the game developers create the basic engine, create soldier and equipment models for all the fronts and even other wars, and also offer terrain, buildings, and other props for maps, and then let the customer with the SDK build the scenario, vignettes for whatever front or war they want. Then the role of the developer becomes one of constantly upgrading the basic engine and the soldiers and equipment and props that can be selected by the custoer to build a custom scenario/engagement. This type of committment to constantly improve the engine and props as better application software is available would keep my committment to this publisher. The publisher would sort of be your hobby shop you go to get things to build a diaroma - in this case one that you can jump into and share with others to fight in. So what would be in it for the developer? If I were them, I would do what I mention above and offer it for sale as an annual subscription. So you pay the subscription and get the upgraded capabilities throughout the year and as long as you continue your subscription.
This was basically Forgotten Hope for bf1942.

They had EVERYTHING and the community would release a LOT of maps.

They had Italy, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Finland, USSR, Poland, etc.

Upvote 0
Tonedef said:
I am shocked I have not seen any threads about any mods for the whole European Front with British, US, Germany, and all. Everything is so limited to Itallian, Normandy...etc. I mean why not just a European Front, wich includes all of that, many countries based off of maps. I mean I could see a lot of potential there...

Have you ever heard about some great WW2 BF2 Mods?

or

especially Forgotten Hope for BF42 s awesom, it turned the whole BF42 Vanilla in a whole new gameplay.

kabex said:
This was basically Forgotten Hope for bf1942.

They had EVERYTHING and the community would release a LOT of maps.

They had Italy, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Finland, USSR, Poland, etc.

I think some people here know what we are talking about ^^

Upvote 0
I know about those, but I personally hate the BF engines...they are limited and overall crappy. I prefer something on a much more efficient and flexible engine...like Unreal. I find it makes a huge difference in gameplay, it is all about engine performance.

I would just like to be able to play an american soldier with a Garand storming an expansive beach under the spray of German machinegun fire and all in a realistic enviroment as that of RO...is that so much to ask? ;)

Upvote 0
GuidoTorpedo said:
I would love to see a mod for RO that was the invasion of France and Belgium. Heck, most of the weapons you've listed would work too!

Perhaps one day ! atm the 1944-1945 is the most easy one to do because we have already a good quantity of german equipment in ro ! Then if we succeed to create a strong team we will turn back on the early western front.

I would just like to be able to play an american soldier with a Garand storming an expansive beach under the spray of German machinegun fire and all in a realistic enviroment as that of RO...is that so much to ask?

Well ... with bf (enven if the engine is limited) if you are in a goodteam you can have a great ambiance.
Just by example seelow:

With an artillery rooling just in front of you, the is2 start to drive to take/secure the flags, they try to keep awy tanks and the infantry follow behind to take the trenches.
While this, the yak-9 is trying to clean the air from the luftwaffe, the il2 frighten the german tanker (if they are not rambo) and push them to stay in city. Then streetsfight and the engineer come with stachel and destroy the german force ...
The bf engine is limited but at the moment it an provided good feelings.
bf2 will certainly up all of that ...

Upvote 0
No More Yankee Games

Im tired of having to mod parts of the Red Army into games like in mohaa, everything is modded to give me a perfected feel im fighting in a russian game, it is much easier to play Red Orchestra.

Someone above said Call Of Duty: United Offence was typically an american game, there wrong, Ive played/play call of duty united offence for one reason - the russian maps usually involve lots of planning such as Ponyri, Kharkov, and Kursk.

Upvote 0
Petrovich- said:
No More Yankee Games

Im tired of having to mod parts of the Red Army into games like in mohaa, everything is modded to give me a perfected feel im fighting in a russian game, it is much easier to play Red Orchestra.

As a mod for RO it would be the best of both worlds. That way you have your Red Army and others have their taste of 'yankee' that is actually great gameplay for once. You would not be hurt in any way because...well...you don't have to play it. :) (that last remark was not to be delivered as snide)

Upvote 0