• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

error message pics

Came home to visit the parents for the weekend and trying running RO on my brothers PC and had a couple of error messages pop up when trying to load RO. I did validate the game. I also thought I saw some posts talking about this error messages before, just couldn't find them now. Please post some links if anyone knows about them. I'll post the pics and the computer specs below. Had no trouble running on my computer and I'm sure I'll get it working here, just have to figure out whats causing the problem.

ro_load_error.JPG

ro_load_error2.JPG

The Specs are:

ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
AMD 2500+ Atholon CPU
Nvidia FX5200 DX8 128mb Vid Card
512mb ddr400 GEIL Ram
SATA 80GB HD

Well I found this post on the Steam forums. I hope this will solve the problem, but I won't know till tomorrow when I try it. For some reason Steam has crashed yet the process is still running, and I am unable to end the process. The bro has a pass on the user account, so a restart won't help since I dont have the pass ATM. For anyone else, you may want to check out this post and see if it helps. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=421138

Upvote 0
the precondition assertion failed is most likely caused by norton, look in the known bugs thread i believe its there. Try to just shutdown norton and all its services when playing, if that doesn't fix it you'll probably have to uninstall it till norton releases a fix.

the can't find file entry is a steam bug that it adds entry somewhere in the launch options. and tries to load it as a map because of it, instead of -rointro.rom.

Now go find your shortcut rightclick on it and properties under target you'll have something like:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200
make that:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -rointro.rom
that should let it run, also right click in steam on redorchestra, then properties and then set launch options. Make sure that that list is clear. (or again add rointro.rom to it).

Upvote 0
Ok heres the run down. modified the RO.ini file so that the default display driver is D3D not D3D9 since the videocard is only capable of DX8. I disabled norton by ended all its processes, but am still getting the error messages. I'll look around for any other post about problems with norton. I really dont wish to uninstall it, so i'm looking for a work around.

Upvote 0