• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Embrace the Newcomers! (An address to the RO2 Community)

Sebaaa

Nov 21, 2011
Hello fellow Forum-ers(?),

As you are all aware, the big update and free weekend for RO2 is very close, and it's a very exciting time to be playing RO2. Unfortunately, I currently am not in possession of my computer that is able to play RO2, so I have not been able to play since March, and will not be able to play until the end of this year.

The way all this is relevant is that I do in fact intend to resume playing this magnificent game at the end of the year. One thing that will make my "Grand Comeback" even better, is to see a larger player base and a positive playing community.

"And what the hell do you expect me to do about it?!?!?" you may ask. "Calm the hell down" I would say, but I would also say "nothing at all"...well, sorta.

I know how "passionate" this community can get about Tripwire's games, and this upcoming free weekend may seem to some as a chance for the "mainstream" audience to breach the select fanbase that we have now.

The reason of this novel of a post is to tell you: DON'T WORRY!. The best thing that can happen from this free weekend is an expanded fan base, the worst being, well...nothing really.

So, in order to encourage prospective players to pick up a copy of RO2, I simply urge all you veterans to show how welcoming you are. Granted, there will be lots of frustration as team-kills, pointless deaths, ignored objectives, and useless commanders abound, yet if you all keep your cool and offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism ("DUDE WTF, YOU'RE RETARDED" is not constructive criticism) to emphasise the different play style of RO2.

If you can all do this, then these innocent little nooblets will fill servers, and decrease the suckiness that are Bots. Patience is definitely the key here. I remember being new, and I personally found my first few matches very confronting, it will be no less different this weekend.

So be welcoming, friendly, constructive, and generally awesome. In other words, do what you all do best! The success of this free weekend is in YOUR hands.

Now get out there and pwn some n00bs.

Cheers guys.

Reactions: GrimReality
I think the best advice would be to gravitate towards commander positions, and try to lead troops in the right direction. Simple things like "Flank left", "MG at green house", "Nade the church before entering" will give some simple to follow rules. Most newbies look for guidance and the battlefield, and those who don't will mostly be players we aren't interested in anyway.

Upvote 0
Granted, there will be lots of frustration as team-kills, pointless deaths, ignored objectives, and useless commanders abound, yet if you all keep your cool and offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism ("DUDE WTF, YOU'RE RETARDED" is not constructive criticism) to emphasise the different play style of RO2..

Pretty sure in case of Teamkilling we won't hear more "wtf" from the victims than "WTF get out the way, retard" from the tkillers.

Upvote 0
When new players need help or info on how to do something, I am always willing to help out and provide all the information I can.... been doing this since the mod days & helping others out.

..... But..... that doesn't mean I'm going to be merciful on them and not chew the living snot out of every enemy I see.

90% of team kills on me will not be forgiven, the other 10% will be TK's I forgive when it was my fault.

I will explain & help out the new players on how they can better determine who's a team mate and who's an enemy, but other than that, if I'm TK'd, they will suffer the consequences.

I sometimes TK team mates, although it's quite rare.... but when I do, I don't ask to be forgiven or to cut me some slack.... I screwed up, I suffer the consequences, just as I expect everyone else to.

If you don't know what you're shooting at..... Don't shoot. ~ A Lesson that's good for both in-game and in real life.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0