• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

EgreSS+'s July 2012 Update Resource Thread

Off topic:
Oh gosh, I wish I could join one of these aforementioned games, better than my Soapies anyday.

On topic:
As has been said before, if you don't like the new guns, don't use them. To be honest, I don't believe you should kick someone just for using a gun you don't like, even if they use it badly. Should you not just ask them to use another? Be polite first before leaping at each others' throats like a bunch of rabid 13-year old CoD junkies?

I say, thank you Tripwire for giving us these weapons officially! Now I won't have people whining at me when they have to download the modded IJC weapons so they can join the servers I admin. I look forward to the changes that will be made to these weapons, because it'll give me something new to try learn and master, not whine about.

Upvote 0
Off topic:
Oh gosh, I wish I could join one of these aforementioned games, better than my Soapies anyday.

On topic:
As has been said before, if you don't like the new guns, don't use them. To be honest, I don't believe you should kick someone just for using a gun you don't like, even if they use it badly. Should you not just ask them to use another? Be polite first before leaping at each others' throats like a bunch of rabid 13-year old CoD junkies?

I say, thank you Tripwire for giving us these weapons officially! Now I won't have people whining at me when they have to download the modded IJC weapons so they can join the servers I admin. I look forward to the changes that will be made to these weapons, because it'll give me something new to try learn and master, not whine about.

but you would kick a player for being bad and burdening the team, would you not? and that is precisely what we did, he could not kill scrakes as bowsharp, and he could hardly kill scrakes with the M99, thus a kick vote was initiated. i felt my posts quite civilly explained how maddoxx was wrong, i did not insult him, merely stated the truth :D

Upvote 0
GREAT job testing! :)

Your numbers seem to match the wiki:
http://kf-wiki.com/wiki/Weapon_damage_table

I still believe the game code about the HSG-1 doing slightly less damage than the Pump.

I think your headshot damage was better with HSG-1 because of the tighter grouping.

Also, the headshot that pops the head deals a LOAD of damage. That is why things usually die when they lose their head and thats why your shots are doing more damage on the last one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Leaving all of the flaming aside :)

I have reupdated my first post with even more information and made it probably easier to navigate, and have also included recoil tests. Any specific requests for tests or anything? I can add to it. :p

Will you test the speed of killing FP with Magnum plus 3 crossbow arrows
vs.
Speed of two headshots with M99?

Upvote 0
PM me and I will gladly work with whoever wants to test with me and stuff. I'm on test map as I type this :3

And to answer your question, the fastest speed you can shoot down range to kill a Fp with 2 shots is 1.9 seconds. My fastest time was 2.1 seconds, because I waited for the rage animation.

For crossbow, the fastest you can shoot off 4 bolts is 3.4 seconds. My fastest speed on the FP was 3.6 seconds for 4 bolts. My lOngest was 4.1 seconds

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Several flaming posts has been moved to not derail the thread. A few reminders:

1. Naming and shaming is not allowed on these boards.

2. Making troll-like posts is not allowed. Failing that Flaming is not allowed.

3. Swearing is not allowed as it fails under unappropriate language.

4. Derailing the thread is not allowed.

There are several violations of all the above rules so far. You've had time to get used to the rules and follow them, which you also agreed to do while you registered on these boards. All your posts will be treated as stated by the forum rules.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
PM me and I will gladly work with whoever wants to test with me and stuff. I'm on test map as I type this :3

And to answer your question, the fastest speed you can shoot down range to kill a Fp with 2 shots is 1.9 seconds. My fastest time was 2.1 seconds, because I waited for the rage animation.

For crossbow, the fastest you can shoot off 4 bolts is 3.4 seconds. My fastest speed on the FP was 3.6 seconds for 4 bolts. My lOngest was 4.1 seconds

Is 1.9 seconds with the animation or the switch weapon?

P.S.
Holy death to the rescue! :)

Upvote 0
I didn't reload bypass. I did it with animation. ;)
Very good :)

I'm thinking that's fairly balanced. Maybe it could still use a SLIGHT nerf (50% of the SS reload bonus applied), but as it is now it has it's point. I'd still rather have a Crossbow and Handcannon in most situations but this weapon is FUN to use and useful in a good team (or soloing with M99+Machete)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The world of KF mirrors real life, people handle crisis and pressure differently. To all of you that feel the game has become easy, do you play public servers on suicidal or HOE? I do , and every game somebody screws up royally. Then the team wipes. You can hold every weapon in the game with infinite ammo and make one little mistake and die horribly. I rarely see a team of highly skilled players (too much variance in skill or temperament) coast through a game on the harder levels. Most of the actual player base is simply not that good. Get your "OP" load out, get on a public server and get ruined. Playing on public servers is like a whole different game in itself. How long can you keep a bunch of rag tag random people alive? Will your own skill and prowess hold out in the long term to save a round? If there is a secret place, room, server, or planet where only the elite play .....(seriously) let me IN! I want to actually witness this game prowess and take part in it. I hope that I reach a level of skill where I become so adept, nothing short of a siren quintet can kill me.

Upvote 0
I agree that M99 is really OP, everything else are fine by me now. M99 is just madness. I think some people will agree with me that we wanted something to make this game a bit harder, M99 pff..well you know what it did...

I thinking calling it madness goes too far. Just compare it to the Crossbow, which can almost do the same thing the M99 can (Killing Scrakes and FP before they get to the team) but the Crossbow can also be used to kill trash, bolts can sometimes be recovered, it weights MUCH less, allowing the SS to carry a HandCannon or even MK23+Magnum.
The M99 might be a BIT OP but it's not madness.

Upvote 0