• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Don't shoot burning weaklings!

This is why you play on suicidal. Idiots that kill whore die fast, leaving you a disproportionate number of zeds to kill. If its an idiot camping WITH you, just be ready to leg it along a predefined escape route the moment the **** hits the fan. Save yourself, let the idiots die.

You're screwed as a firebug on suicidal with a disproportionate number of zeds to kill and no more teammates to back you up though.
The less room the map has, the more screwed you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do have to say that burning/decaped zeds often are a threat. On most official maps you dont have much space to move one and then one grab by a clot, crawler attack can be devastating. And it's only crawlers that really burn out fast. It has happened a couple of times that I kill of the last gorefast with a fast knife cut. And straight after it's been decaped I often write something in the chat, and a couple of times that walking body have killed me in 2 attacks.

I can say that I've got only bad experience of not shooting burning/decaped bodies^^
So on suicidal I often think that extra bullet is worth it, but on everything below it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0
You're screwed as a firebug on suicidal with a disproportionate number of zeds to kill and no more teammates to back you up though.
The less room the map has, the more screwed you are.
True, hence I don't play firebug ;). Though on the other hand if your whole team has died there are probably plenty of guns lying around on the floor.

Upvote 0
This is why you play on suicidal. Idiots that kill whore die fast, leaving you a disproportionate number of zeds to kill. If its an idiot camping WITH you, just be ready to leg it along a predefined escape route the moment the **** hits the fan. Save yourself, let the idiots die.

I usually can't save myself =( Even 50 ZEDs by myself on Suicidal is too much in over-run situations, where the horde has already swarmed in and there's nowhere to run to. If it's farm/London, it's easier, but overall I find it insanely difficult to finish a round myself as anything other than medic. Crawlers and Gores are just way too fast on Suicidal for the classes without bonus speed.

Upvote 0