• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does ZA 6.0.631.003 work with RO?

kAMIKAZE

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
Hi guys,

I just want to make sure if RO works with ZA 6.0.631.003. The reason I ask this is because the BSOD I get from running RO together with ZA 6.1.7744.001 is not caused by ZA. It is not caused by RO either. To my surprise it is caused by Steamdvr.sys. I've been doing live debugging of vsdatant.sys for 3 days already and that is my finding. That could explain why some people said that they don't have a problem running most games with ZA. Because RO is unique in that it is one of the few games to use Steamdvr.sys.

About the old version of ZA working with RO, I want to check if the old version of ZA uses the ZwQueryDirectoryFile routine or not. If it does not use the routine, that could explain why it is working. Because the lastest version of ZA use the routine.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
kAMIKAZE said:
I've been doing live debugging of vsdatant.sys for 3 days already and that is my finding. That could explain why some people said that they don't have a problem running most games with ZA. Because RO is unique in that it is one of the few games to use Steamdvr.sys.

I hope the devs are reading this. They've seemed pretty clueless up to this point about what the problem was and how to fix it. Hopefully you have come upon something here that will help correct the problem.

Upvote 0