• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does the PPSH have too much recoil?

Does the PPSH have too much recoil?

• Yes, change the recoil back to mod levels (reduce)

Votes: 94 60.6%
  • No, keep the recoil as is

Votes: 61 39.4%

• Total voters
[tR]Mad Mac said:
IMHO, the best solution to please everyone is to keep the recoil more or less the same, but dont let the SMG's kick so hard INITIALLY (2-3 rounds).

That way, people can fire off short bursts without having to pull their mouse off its pad or increase sensitivity too much. But they still cant empty their drums without having to control it.

that's how the recoil in the mod worked. the first few rounds were very accurate and had little to no spreading, a very tight grouping.

Upvote 0
Well i dicided to try in the practice mode.
<basovka station it's initial reverse slope situation should be excellent for smg's while still offering change for long range shots>

While I found ppsh's recoil to be somewhat excessive, especially if I "rested" the weapon, I still was able to shoot whit decent accuracy to "long-short"-range as realistic for smg.

And while I find ppsh's tendency to massive muzzle climb and quirks to be extream for a weapon which greatest strenght is it's ease of shooting in "untrainned" hands, I can't really comment it for not having shot it my self whit it or any weapon such. HOWEVER I CAN'T , GODFORBIT IT, MAKE SHOTS LIKE THAT ONLINE, not atleast whithin decent ping limit's or whit ppsh - mp40 is much better -.

People here on forum should be able to prove that I'm decend enought player and shooter in RO and I do have real life experience whit mg's and assault rifle's. Yet I don't think ppsh is "easy", "effective" in combat or even possible to shoot effectively.

I'm therefor led to conclude that either High ROF weapons code is "bugged" or atleast muzzle climb causes it to be "overly punituve" towards automatic weapons. Effect getting gradually worse higher the weapons rate of fire get's.

Note; this is "ironsited", hipping is still effective even too much.

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
To all the "increase or leave it the same, the PPsH is too powerful" people:

When you die to an allied SMG, check the console. I very rarely see people using the PPsh as it is now, they used the PPD or PPS43 instead. You might be basing your opinion on the wrong weapon!

I prefer the PPD to the PPSH and will take it whenever possible. But when I die I ALWAYS know which Russian SMG is killing me because they all sound VERY differently. The PPSH has one of the most distintive sounds in the game.

Upvote 0
I agree that the recoil on most of the smgs is a bit excessive but to be honest it does even out the game, most of the battles in WWII took place on a huge area and all weapons needed to be fairly accurate to be able to hit the enemy but as with all games the maps on red orchestra rarely have an area over 1.5km and the firefights themselves take place over much shorter ranges. Any long range shooting should be left to the riflemen but if the recoil was reduced almost everybody would want to have an smg. So basically the recoil evens things out

Upvote 0
The problem is, once we start changing facts and things like recoil in order to "balance" the game is the day that what was Red Orchestra ceases to be Red Orchestra and becomes just another WWII shooter albeit one without crosshairs. I could have sworn Red Orchestra was about historical accuracy? Period accurate weapons with accurate performance set in plausible or perhaps even historical settings.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
That would be a good solution. Another thing I would like is to get rid of the PPD-40 in maps after 1942. It even says on the description "Made in Small Numbers."

Agreed - actually, what I'd like to see is for the PPSh to be the "default" (ie, first) weapon for the Automatchik and other SMG classes. I try to play with the PPSh when I can, but often I forget to change the weapon.

Upvote 0