• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad do you want Classic weapon handling on 40-1 IOM server?

do you want Classic weapon handling on 40-1 IOM server?

• Total voters

aaz777

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 30, 2013
Russia, Pushkin
Currently 40-1 IOM server has realism weapon handling. It means that you dont have big sway when you spent stamina and you have ultra fast aiming after run.
In fact, realism weapon handling doesnt have aiming sway at all - you will always aim in 1 point in any conditions - even if you just ran over9000.
If you want Classic weapon handling on 40-1 IOM server - vote yes.

If anybody want to tell me that zoom is realistic, then show me how I can have a zoom effect IRL... not possible? Right! End of discussion...

Psst... its not zoom. In fact the default view is actually zoomed out to get a better FOV. So you are actually not zooming in, you are just undoing the effects of the zoomed out default view. End of discussion...

:p

Upvote 0
and of course NO zoom, because zoom sucks and is really unrealistic, too! without any zoom the game is perfect. Maps are much more fun and there is much more fairness.

yeah, let us be blind for everything that happens further than 100 metres. looking for 200 or 300 metres sucks, its unrealistic. Let snipers fight against pixels, its so funny and REALISTIC. Why those stupid people made sights on rifles even for 1000 metres if looking further than 100 metres sucks?
Oh i have even better idea. LET US ALL BE BLIND. Yeah, make everybody to see nothing. just black screen. If you see somethign its really unrealistic and unfair. Because in real life you cant see anything!

If anybody want to tell me that zoom is realistic, then show me how I can have a zoom effect IRL... not possible? Right! End of discussion...

Get in big open field with lots of different objects. Try to run very fast and while running, try to peer at some objects. Remember the level of detailazation of everything. Then stop and peer accurately at 1 tree several seconds. See difference? then go to game and try to look to a tree from same distance without zoom. See difference? Right! End of discussion...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Psst... its not zoom. In fact the default view is actually zoomed out to get a better FOV. So you are actually not zooming in, you are just undoing the effects of the zoomed out default view. End of discussion...

I agree. This is why I have personally always enjoyed the "zoom". It just feels natural to me, and playing with it disabled feels weird and clunky. That's just me of course, and it seems I'm the minority on these forums when it comes to this opinion.

Upvote 0

I know I shouldn't, as this gets old, but: Changing from one FOV to another on demand is unrealistic.:p Whether you think that source of unrealism is worth it to overcome short view distances is a personal preference, I guess.
For me, it feels too unnatural, so I prefer 1 locked FoV for all, all the time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For me, it feels too unnatural, so I prefer 1 locked FoV for all, all the time.

I would too... IF I had a huge wrap around IMAX sized monitor, but I don't. SO, the current way its handling the whole viewing in the game is more natural to me*. It gives ME the choice if I want a wider more natural FOV or if I want to see a more natural 1:1 size ratio wise. But, the whole debate has been beaten to death and it comes down to opinions where everything thinks their own is correct.

*well, I don't like the forced Iron sight zoom because it gives me NO choice in the matter. Luckily in IOM you can turn that off.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the nice IOM evening 40-1. I think there server settings are the best settings which are possible right now.

Slower weapon handling of classic mode feels much more authentic for me.

Ps. I like to run arround with out IS. I hate it to be forced to walk with iron sight only to get a better ( stu*** zoomed) view. It

Upvote 0

...Yeah, make everybody to see nothing. just black screen. ...

....I thought you were joking!?

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is not zoom, but weapon accuracy and steadiness.

I disagree. While the accuracy/steadiness is not optimal yet, I'm *very* happy with how it's implemented nonetheless.
If I remember correctly dibbler wants to work on the 'sight alignment' after entering the iron sights which I'd happily see implemented in IOM.

The one thing I don't want to see back in (IOM) RO2 is (Shift-)Zoom, though.

Upvote 0