• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Do you use the mortar visual trajectory?

Do you use the mortar visual trajectory?

• Yes

Votes: 43 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 45 51.1%

• Total voters
I'm a level 50 Professional Mortar Jerk.

I rarely use anything but direct fire at this point. Indirect fire can be useful, but I mostly use it when I can't actually see the target, so the arc doesn't do much good. Occasionally it can help if I'm trying to plop a round into a trench at 50m or so.

The weapon is totally inaccurate in the first place....

Upvote 0
You get so easily teamkills when you don`t watch out. I must be really sure to shoot indirectly. But something i think i have a free sight i shoot and bammm
i tk myself...:rolleyes:

LOL yes i've done that too many times!
But more i use the mortar more i like indirect.
Last night on iwo i was cleaning up using indirect, just sit behind a rock and watch them come up and drop it on em. Of course on other maps its harder to use indirect just because you can't see where to drop

Upvote 0
The game that was supposed to be reaslistic which never included to much hud suddenly has this... I 'd prefer it's gone, let people use guestimate but bring back it's dealines instead.
Well, since it's there it would be stupid not to use it, just like mkb and pistol for everyone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Funny you should mention that...

Until the open beta phase, the distance at which you set the Type 89 was where the mortar round would land (additionally, the orange arc was an accurate approximation of the flight path and the "destination" of the fired mortar round). During the open beta, a lot of people complained about the Type 89 being "too accurate", so TWI made some changes such that there is now a wider radius in which the mortar will land. Since that change, for some reason (intentional? unintentional?), all mortars rounds fired while using indirect-fire mode will land 20-30 meters short of whatever range you've set (example: you set the Type 89 to 100 meters, you'll kill or team-kill whoever is 70-80 meters away from you)

I honestly have no idea if that is intentional, but I think it's worthwhile bringing attention to it.

This actually explains why my mortar rounds land nowhere near what I'm shooting at. Huh.

Upvote 0
Well, since it's there it would be stupid not to use it, just like mkb and pistol for everyone.

I guess you missed the part where people explained that the trajectory lines are very approximate in nature and unreliable. Most cases in RS, since engagement ranges rarely go above 100 over any 1 given cap, its way more effective to use the direct fire.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0