• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you think that the game modes should be renamed?

Do you think that the game modes should be renamed?

• Yes - Classic and Realism need to be renamed

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Yes - Classic needs to be renamed

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Yes - Realism needs to be renamed

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No - I think the names are fine

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Indifferent - I don't care about the name

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
No real point in changing realism as its what most players play.

Classic can change to anything really, I somehow doubt it will please people for long.

At least if it is changed they can't whine about the name being the reason its played less.

Also I seem to remember a poll about naming classic mode in which classic was picked......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm all for changing the emblems. The Skull symbol normally represents the most difficult game mode to play in nearly all videogames. The sterotype comes from one of the most popular FPS to date, Halo, and its heavily ingrained the psyche of my generation. So if you're between the ages of 14 and 24 its probably safe to say that if you see a game mode that can be summed up by a skull then it is the most balls-to-the-walls bad *** and must be played, quite literally, to death.

I say take the Skull and give it to Classic and take Classic's R emblem and give it to Realism. Then watch the FPS junkies come flocking to get their asses kicked in the most difficult FPS experience short of furiously scrolling through menu prompts in ARMA2.

Upvote 0
Or ya know they can put a serious effort into promoting Classic in the next big influx of players (patch, free weekend etc) instead of superficially changing the name in the hopes that people will magically appear. I bet if all the official TWI servers ran Classic most people will be exposed to it, then they can judge the mode for its merits - not be misled by arbitrary naming

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I say take the Skull and give it to Classic and take Classic's R emblem and give it to Realism. Then watch the FPS junkies come flocking to get their asses kicked in the most difficult FPS experience short of furiously scrolling through menu prompts in ARMA2.

The R emblem for Classic in the server browser is the logo for RO1, which is the experience Classic mode is trying to emulate. It would make much less sense if you tried to flip around Realism's skull emblem with Classic's RO1 Ostfront emblem.

Upvote 0