• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you guys prefer knowing the BETA date or not?

Do you guys prefer knowing the BETA date or not?

• Yes, I prefer knowing it even if it can get pushed back.

Votes: 197 82.4%
  • No, I like it the way it is now.

Votes: 42 17.6%

• Total voters
I don't want to know

I don't want to play with half the guys on the forums anymore anyway.

Here's to hoping that, with the beta date pending, everyone who has been threatening to cancel their pre-orders will actually do so, so I have a more mature audience to play with.
Maizel, are you OK? It sounds like you are not too happy with the TWI forums at the moment.

Upvote 0
I haven't posted in the forum whining about the beta although I have had this forum and steam's open and minimised for the past couple of weeks refreshing every break I take from RO/DH to see if there is any news. I love tripwire so don't get me wrong, it's just I would rather a tentative date and having it pushed back instead of no official news on the date at all. Even a "no earlier than" update would be nice, that way I can stop checking the site at all hours of the day because maybe, just maybe, something has been updated. Put up a non-replyable sticky; "beta will be ready no earlier than the 25th" update on the 24th "sorry guys, we ran into some issues with server IDGXDE protocols, beta-release won't be before the 27th".

One simple package that would cut back on 90% of the trolling, rumour-mongering, and unnecessary threads. Originally I was in the "it's out when it's out" camp but considering the volume of forum chatter, anything to cut back on the "I want it now" whining would be appreciated (and letting me get on with some uninterrupted RO killing in the meantime :) )

Upvote 0
As much as this is my 1st post on the forums i have been lurking this forum ever since Ro2 was available to pre-order. Im confident i speak for many other more lurkers who even if the beta date gets pushed back, a day to day update with how things are going would be alot nicer and would appeal to a more forgiving audiance than just being kept in the dark. :eek: Even if it does get pushed back a little its better knowing a potential date than wasting every spare moment i have checking for any news.

Upvote 0
I bet half of those people who voted "Yes, I prefer knowing it even if it can get pushed back" will come rage and whine on the forums if it indeed does get pushed back. Add to that all the people who only come on the forums to complain and cry when something goes wrong (ie when the 2 week delay was announced), and you'll see that it's simply a bad idea to announce the date.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
I don't want to know

I don't want to play with half the guys on the forums anymore anyway.

Here's to hoping that, with the beta date pending, everyone who has been threatening to cancel their pre-orders will actually do so, so I have a more mature audience to play with.

relax man,
they'e forums
can you really expect people to act civil behind computer screens?

besides
if you don't like it
you should encourage them to play
so u can kill them :)

Upvote 0
My answer is Yes.
Not cos i paid for that and others bull*****. I paid to help small and fair gaming company such as Tripwire Interactive. Also RO is worth all the money.
Just i like game much and eagerly want to play.
I would like to know roughly when will be beta, because currently waiting every hour, every day... :(

Upvote 0
Disagree with me and you're immature, so I'm taking my ball and going home. Say no more. :D
Don't use such strawmen, you seem intelligent enough to know what I mean.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me.

Making juvenile threats about canceling your pre-order and not going through with it and spamming the forums with disrespectful crap instead, is immature, yes. Don't you agree?

Upvote 0