• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do shells Glow?

My Mrs was working for a defence company here that produces ballistic detection devices for afv/apc's

Basically it gives you an exact angle and attempts to trace back a trajectory on any incoming (rather than tracing the vehicle's fired munitions).

Pretty neat device to have: if you survive the incoming you get a lock on the firer.

Dunno how successful this equipment was - judging by the chief engineer's drinking habits it's prolly still in alpha phase. :rolleyes:

A number of countries, (most notably Russia), have developed or deployed these type of systems, (primarily for use against the larger and slower explosive anti-tank munitions).

They typically use short range radar to track and intercept incoming missile near the vehicle. I would image that in actual use on a conventional battlefield against a modern opponent, the systems would experience some loss of efficiency due to the use of electronic counter-measures and the requirement of the systems to radiate.

I

Upvote 0