• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Digital Camera Help, Memory Card help

Panzer Meyer

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 26, 2005
North Cacilaci
I have a 2GB XD memory stick, I took some 300+ pictures on it. However, when I try and access the memory stick on the computer, it keeps asking me to format it as if nothing was on it, even though there are pictures on it.

I am using a memory card reader which is hooked up to the PC via USB. I was able to access the card on another computer, but on my computer I cannot. If I put the card back in the camera I can view the pictures.

Anyone ever have similar problems or a solution?

I have problems like this with certain cards and readers. I would say try it with different card readers, or a different computer all together. Though transferring it from the camera itself should present no problems, so if you can get the cable then do that.

I have one SD card that just won't work in my card reader, while my other ones will, so I just use a different card reader for it and I have no problems.

Upvote 0