• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Destructable lights not affected by siren/nade

mikkou

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2014
Got a weird problem going on where the destructable lights arent affected by sirens or grenades at all but shooting directly at them WILL destroy them. I noticed that when I lowered the light by a good amount so that its not encased in the ceiling at all it started working like it should, however in Outpost this same lamp is used in the exact same manner and its somehow behaving normally :confused:

Here is my lamp, close to ceiling like so:

Here is the lamp in outpost which is EVEN CLOSER to the ceiling, yet its working while mine isnt.

It IS the same model too in case you were wondering. In fact if I remember right I copied the lamp from Outpost in the first place.

And just to clarify, the light IS WORKING, but something preventing it from getting destroyed by AoE damage while closer to ceiling. The distance from the floor to the ceiling is the same as in Outpost (rougly 320 units I think)

Is it a bug?

EDIT: I found out that if I disable collision on the ceiling piece, the grenades work again. Im curious though as to why Outpost is different though because they had full collision on..

Last edited:
Check where the pivot point of the destructible actor is. Maybe it's doing a trace to that and it's embedded into the ceiling? Never had this kind of issue.

If it is the pivot point, you can move it using the prepivot variable in the actor properties, then move the actor back to offset the new prepivot

Alright so I tried this solution in my newest map and it worked in the beginning, but now that my map is close to being finished the lights suddenly stopped working again (as in they cant be destroyed by nades or sirens, only by guns).

Im quite puzzled as to why this is happening :confused:, the pivot is still in the same place I left it and nothings changed in the area apart from having added some minor details which arent blocking the lights in any way.

I will try to move the pivot again even lower, but in Tripwire maps the pivot is right above the light and its all still working fine... I swear to god this modular design is haunted.

EDIT: I changed the model of my light/lamp and its all working now. Apparently, if you have any part of the model inside a wall/ceiling it bugs out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0