• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Debate about "spawn killing" IS IT OR IS IT NOT

I don't really have a problem with these 'tactics' per se... more with my own teams incompetence to recognise what is happening and what to do when someone is going on a rampage behind our lines.
While I agree with you that the other team's fault for letting someone keep doing this, I do have a major problem with people doing what he is. They spend too much ramboing around the map trying to get kills than they are defending the point. When half your team is doing this it's very easy for the attackers to steam roll you just by getting enough people in the caps while your team is too busy ramboing around the map. It's not as bad in RO2 as it is in Rising Storm from my experience.

Upvote 0
I don't really have a problem with these 'tactics' per se... more with my own teams incompetence to recognise what is happening and what to do when someone is going on a rampage behind our lines.
They just run through a corridor filled with dead teammates while ignoring the side and VOIP chat and also doing a great job at not noticing that the kill feed is going mental with a single name on one side. This obviously gets a lot worse during sales and free weekends.
Whenever I'm on the sweet side of the barrel I rarely see more than 2 people trying to actively hunt me down. IMO this whole thing is comparable with those newbies who keep running into the same artillery barrage several times, it's not an exploid of the Commander who placed it there - it's just lack of.. well, a lot of things. However this stuff is in a very grey area with no clear line, some maps are just so poorly designed that effectively fighting someone who keeps flanking your team is simply not possible and imo outright broken when I happen to be SL1.
For example on Pavlovs when I rush through the tunnels (glorious PPSHh-41 and some aiming) into the actual Pavlovs house and sneak to the sniper attic as a Squad leader there is almost no way to get rid of me and my respawning squad members who can happily shoot into the enemy spawn (actual spawnkilling) or prevent every Russian soldier from advancing into C and partially D. This is just one spot, there are countless more but I assume most of you know them, regardless if you use them or not.

Once I'm aware of you doing that, it's time to grab the T34 and HE the top floor where you're camping out. There are two different angles I could hit from.

Or I could prep a cooked grenade and rush the opening to toss it upwards just in time for it to explode the moment it passes the hole. If you're around the corner and safely away from the ladder area, then it's time to grab a sniper rifle or AT rifle and peg you from the side building near where the Russians spawn.

If not, then I'll just have to think of something else :cool:

Upvote 0
Nice Video OP. totaly viable to use those spots. Enemy Team must be very slow to not realize you are there...HA ! especialy the pavlovs house one is perfect if SL one goes there :D

BUT, as stated before its due to map design.

RO1 had less of those Problems since the maps where seemingly though out more instad of chokepopinty thinggys we have in RO2....

Upvote 0
There was no spawn killing involved in the video. Those complaining are wrong and dont see their mistakes. I do feel sad for them:rolleyes:

If there is ANY kind of "exploiting" going on, it is exploiting simple fools that are the enemy team. This is not about being "fair" of "honourable". This is about some people thinking in their lazy and twisted puppycandyland-reality that it is only fair to fight near capzone. Spawn zone is battleground just as well, you have to fight for the control or your beach-head.

Too many players take it as granted that they can run from spawnpoint to next cap. It is not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
10m from the spawn, killing people in the spawn is not spawn killing it good game play ask anyone that does it
and if you run a sever, a good thing to do is get 10 of your fiends together and put all the newbies on the other team and make videos of how good you are .
it your really really good , you use team speak and have one of your friends use roaming in game to tell you were the other team is .
and if your really really really good you have some of your friends play on the other team to take the tanker ,TL and SL positions so the other team can not use them
:D

Upvote 0