• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dat game is bad!

i love killing floor for its huge possibility in indepth tactics - you have so much weapons and perks/classes (not like left 4 debt) whcih allows you to act really as a "team".

Just love Killing Floor... I've preordered it when it was first annouced to Steam - besides i have never played the orginal mod before, i just read it was from TWI and since i love(d) RO so much for its realims, i was sure that i cant go wrong by buying it before testing ;) and see there, i was 100% right... it kicks ***

and now since teh weekend i could convert alot of my friends (steam) to buy KF (12 ppl)

Upvote 0
KF is an incredible game. For about a span of 2 weeks, I did get out of it and go back playing L4D, only for a bit though.

..But after that short period, they released the Level UP DLC and I got right back into it and thanks to the free weekend. I got a bunch of my friends to get into it also. I stopped playing L4D after that. Don't get me wrong, L4D is a good game. It's just that KF is 10x better B)

Every update they have released made the game so much better. They manage to blow me away, again and again with the free DLC packs.

Tripwire=Gods.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My L4D friends would ask me about the graphics in KF because they heard it wasn't all that great. I would tell them, yes, the graphics are different, but I'm not playing KF for the graphics

i always thought that was odd.

L4D/Source - cartoonish looking graphics. very plastic looking.

KF/Unreal - gritty looking graphics. very rustic looking.

both are great engines with decent capabilities yet somehow UE2.5 is considered very outdated now that we have UE3, Crysis engine etc, which is true... BUT in comparison to Source id say the both are about even.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI's visuals are great, even if the engine is old, I never missed more graphics in KF or RO, for me, even today, they look gorgeous and they also run like a charm in any half decent commputer.

and don't make me talk about the weapons, the weapon models in TWI games are the best of all not even the ones in the newer engines look that good

Upvote 0
Isn't the game using Unreal engine 3 some how? (What I had heard).

The game was worth it when I bought it for 15$. Had more fun than L4D, all I did in L4D was play survival in some maps and stopped playing it after a week and went back to Garrys mod (which I also left because of the kids screaming and admins kicking for something unreasonable, and CS:S).

Killing floor got me back on my computer because of the gameplay and some people who are willing to cooperate, also some of them are funny with there sense of humor. :p

And the game has its ups and down... But at least I have a blast in almost every server, unlike some people in Left 4 Dead who really have to urge to grief or kill you for your med pack.

Upvote 0
i always thought that was odd.

L4D/Source - cartoonish looking graphics. very plastic looking.

KF/Unreal - gritty looking graphics. very rustic looking.

both are great engines with decent capabilities yet somehow UE2.5 is considered very outdated now that we have UE3, Crysis engine etc, which is true... BUT in comparison to Source id say the both are about even.

Very True. Take note.

Upvote 0
Killing floor still has some nice graphics and the gameplay is by far the best out of many multiplayer games iv ever played, first time i played KF, and zed time started i almost passed out when I saw the shear awesomeness of the rifle firing then the bulllet slowing flying out. All I have to say is get the graphics and add a CGI intro to appeal to the brain dead masses and you got the game of the year.

Upvote 0
The fun can continue for 15 dollars (for a limited time)!

Yeah. I totally agree.

My friends convinced me to get this game. I was hesitant because I saw the Steam Rating for the game was rather mediocre. ( I strongly believe they should re-review the game once more after the patch content... )

This has become one of my favorite games on my PC.

To the Thread OP, yeah man I agree wholeheartedly w/ you. This game is gold.

Upvote 0
( I strongly believe they should re-review the game once more after the patch content... )

Not going to happen or to even get a 'good' reviews in mainstream media that much due 1. Lack of next gen brown shiny bloom^32 graphics and 2. L4D came 'first' (everyone with some knowledge knows how the truth is but high majority of people don't give a turd about it).

If there is one reason why I found KF already clear winner the day it was released (despite KF is slightly 'unpolished' and you can see it's bit of a budget game, not that it really matters, doesn't break the game) was the fact it's alot more aggressive and challenging. Instead of just strolling through enemies that dies faster than you can say "hi guyz" due zombies that are cardboard cutouts with jagged edges, you'll find enemies that actually hurt you and some of them can also take more or less punishment.

L4D is not really bad game, as the basics are functional and more or less reasonably made but by the time all the campaigns were finished on expert in coop within four days after the release, I found it lacking and two weeks later rather unchallenging as most of the enemies dies off just by making angry gestures at them. The amount of time used to stroll through L4D basic content the first time was identical to the time I had to spend in KF to not to die atleast twice per map.

Each to his own, but calling game bad because lack of brown shiny bloom^32 next gen visuals or lack of some other stuff that sounds like a poor excuse (like some L4D players call KF **** because it lacks competitive mode @ steam L4D forum section) is just stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0