• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Darkest Hour release - 31st January 2009

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Darklight Games is pleased to announce that the official release of the Darkest Hour mod of Red Orchestra will be January 31st 2009. The method of release will be announced at a later date. There will be updates every 3 months after the initial release.

The release will include polished versions of some of your favourite maps from the beta releases as well as one or two new future classics. Finalised details will be posted in our Christmas media release.

There will be new material as well as tried and tested equipment and classes for both sides.

Call for testers
If you wish to help in the testing of the official release and have your input count in the look and gameplay of the mod, contact me via PM through the DH forums and he will give you details of how to get set up.

All active testers of the official release will have an easter egg placed on their favourite map with either a picture of them or an inscription of their game name. Only the level designer and the recipient will know where the easter egg is located.

Get in touch now - testing starts next Sunday (7th)!

Last edited:

Gardner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 22, 2006
Washington, DC
spaces.live.com
Smocks & Volksgrenadiers?

Smocks & Volksgrenadiers?

Out of curiosity, since you have posted smocks and Volksgrenadier wallpaper, does that mean that there will be some Battle of the Bulge maps included?

I'm thinking that gear looks too warm for the Normandy campaign, especially the head gaiters/scarves.

Forgive my ignorance if this information is somewhere else...I haven't been following the mods that much.

Thanks....

Sidus Preclarum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 30, 2006
Civitas Osismorum
Out of curiosity, since you have posted smocks and Volksgrenadier wallpaper, does that mean that there will be some Battle of the Bulge maps included?

I'm thinking that gear looks too warm for the Normandy campaign, especially the head gaiters/scarves.

Forgive my ignorance if this information is somewhere else...I haven't been following the mods that much.

Thanks....
*cough* not following the mod as in "skipped directly to the 3rd screen and missed the first" *cough* ?

:p

Ardennes maps (those and others) are the currently most played, btw.

Last edited:

protector

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
UK
Battle of the Bugle maps are currently being played on our beta version and will also be included in our Official release.

Last edited:

Jono

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2005
This looks great fellas'. Looks like it's going to be a real quality mod :cool:

protector

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 1, 2006
UK

Thanks....

Just so you guys know there will be more variants of the player models.

Last edited:

Atomskytten

Jul 18, 2006
Glad to see the mod making progress and I am looking forward to next release.

However I am dissapointed that the Panzer VI B was not released to vanilla RO before it being used in a mod :(

Shurek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
www.darkesthourgame.com
Glad to see the mod making progress and I am looking forward to next release.

However I am dissapointed that the Panzer VI B was not released to vanilla RO before it being used in a mod :(
Sorry mate. Believe me, I tried. The KT was originally destined for DH anyway with the Porsche turret before Captain Obvious and I tackled his Henschel version. We were just never able to get it done together for a variety of personal reasons. We should just all be happy that the DH crew have the personnel and resources (and goodwill) to get it done and into the game finally. You can bet on it that I will see to it that the King Tiger will stalk the battlefields of the Ostfront at some point after the DH release.

Last edited:

TheAncient

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 22, 2008
Looks to me like it belongs on the Eastern Front just as much as the JS-2.

Officially designated Panzerkampfwagen VI Sd.Kfz 182, the King Tiger was placed into service early 1944. It served in the western and eastern front notably in the battle of Normandy, operation "Market Garden" in Holland, and the offensive in Ardennes. It also served in various other operations in Poland, Hungary, Minsk and a small number also defended Berlin in April and May 1945.

The IS-2 tank first saw combat in the spring of 1944. IS-2s were assigned to separate heavy tank regiments, normally of 21 tanks each. These regiments were used to reinforce the most important attack sectors during major offensive operations. Tactically, they were employed as breakthrough tanks. heavy tank regiments, normally of 21 tanks each. These regiments were used to reinforce the most important attack sectors during major offensive operations. Tactically, they were employed as breakthrough tanks.

Last edited:

fOgGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2006

Thanks....
I'm pretty sure they are going to be used for the Battle of the Bulge maps.

Hey another thing, can TWI maybe use DH's German winter uniforms as the official axis skins for RO snowy cold-weathered maps ?

Last edited:

M.Serenatas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2009
goodness this mod is great. 29th ID is tryna help gain more recognition for this mod since our unit is fully dedicated to this mod.

Used to only get few days where there was pubbers but not we get regulars all the time :] More and more people are constantly joining into the Darkest Hour Community

ightenhill

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 17, 2009
Only just started looking at this but have to say the Ardenne maps are superb.. The lighting and textures are so immersive.. I just wish the servers were more occupied..

COOL SHADOW

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2006
the Home of the Heroes!
Hello!

I have ROO not installed anymore. Do I need to install it again if I wanna play DH? :confused:
(I ask this cause my steam account would let me install DH, but says nothing about installing ROO first)

thanx.

CelMcN

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 24, 2011
Darkest Hour

Darkest Hour

I would love to have this mod but my estimated download time is 20 hours!! Is this available on disc please?