• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Dark Souls 2 announced

If you're interested in the Souls series or Dragon's Dogma, check this out as well

deep down Trailer TGS2013 Version - YouTube

Deep Down PS4 Gameplay (TGS 2013) - YouTube

That looks like the dungeon crawler version of Warframe.

Pretty shiny graphics, lots of gratuitous particle effects, and randombly generated maps by arranging different parts, something that for me got repetitive and old really quickly.

I dislike the fact that the monsters react exagerated when you hit them, but the player doesn't even flinch, of course, is still too early to tell because is still alpha?.

Regardless of the end result, it seems that capcom keeps designing their games by taking concepts from tons of other successful games and mashing them together. In this case, that would be Demon's Souls/Warframe/Assassin's Creed/Dragon's Dogma

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Really weird mix up, but it does look like a good co-op game to me. It's sad it's PS4 exclusive though.. If it gets good reviews I might have to do the Demons Souls again.. I bought PS3 only to get to play Demons Souls and it sure was worth every penny

Warframe is also a good coop game, but it just gets old very fast.

BTW, if you needed more proof that this is heavily based on Warframe, they just announced that the game will be F2P.

Upvote 0
There is also a video that shows the bossfight for that level. I'm gonna have nightmares with that one.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did anyone get to play the beta last Sunday? Holy crap it was amazing. I got to fight the chariot executer.. OOOoo it looked and sounded beautiful, the music was absolutely terrifying alone (not bad at all) and my heart beat at least 30 times a second. It was damn intense. Died twice on it and when I actually won it and destroyed the demon I had to go empty my pants

.. just in case you want to see it yourself. I don't know if it's a spoiler or not..

Dark Souls 2 JP Beta II - Chariot Boss 1ダークソウル2 ネットワークテスト - YouTube

Dark Souls II OST - "Executioner's Chariot" - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0