• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CWB 5 feedback

LionbI4

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Good:
- Graphics is very nice
- Create spawn for your squad is nice feature
- Squad system is better than in RO games
- Firefights are nice (as in all RO games)

Bad:
- Sound is very strange - man running in a jungle should produce a lot of sound. I hear nothing except light footsteps. Helicopter sound is also strange: I hear a heli sound very close to myself, but i dont see heli. Suddenly, helicopter sound is muted.
- Crouching animation is very strange - when I stand up my weapon jumps up quite high
- Proning is very strange - when I try to prone somewhere my body is dancing on the floor and sometimes starts dragging somewhere.
- The feeling of the game is like I play single player zombie survival shooter game instead of war game.
- Same problem as in all red orchestra game - the game is not friendly to squads. Squad tunnel helps only a bit. There is absolutely no reasons to be in squad and play in squad.
- Single person can't do anything in game except pointlessly killing some enemies. So the game is mostly deathmatch game.
- Game is lacking medic class to revive friendlies - this will help people to play in squads and this will help people to stick together. For example if you 500 meters away from your spawn with 3 teammates - if 2 of them dies and you kill the rest of enemies - if you want to play again with teammates - its better to suicide and respawn.
- No any death penalty makes people run on machine guns same as in RO games. Its not scary to respawn.
- Map design looks good but gameplay is very bad - most of your firefights happens on ~25 meters. In RO1 I was killing running enemies 1.5km away from me. Was really fun. (In darkest hour mod)
- Some bunkers has also problems in design - its not possible to rest a weapon on edge of a bunker, sometimes not possible to run inside a bunker. So its easier to exit from bunker and lay over it or nearby.
- Weapon sway when laying on the ground is too high

I expected something similar to Squad game which feels much better.

Another issue:
When playing with 64 players server - any voice communication was not helping but disturbing. I have no idea where this guy is and what is he talking about.
Instead, local-only voice could be a nice thing. Radio only for squad leaders. So if I hear someone - he is nearby. Also 3d sound could help - so I hear where the voice is coming from. This is also nice thing which help teamplay in term of squad.

Upvote 0
"- The feeling of the game is like I play single player zombie survival shooter game instead of war game."

......What?.....

"I expected something similar to Squad game which feels much better."

Thats your opinion homie, then go play Squad. And actually give valuable feedback- be a lot more descriptive and look at these problems from more perspectives so you can give helpful information and not just go on a pointless rant.

Upvote 0
steve2142 mate any feedback is valuable and ya never know if, other games that have features we enjoy the devs are able to implement similar or better functions.

You can translate what he is saying to a degree if you have played Squads but yeah a bit more description would be good with screenshots or videos.

"The feeling of the game is like I play single player zombie survival shooter game instead of war game."

This when i explain about my experience is the weightless/skatey feeling of movement now currently in wave 5(wave 4 was similar but not as bad), no bounce and a severe lack of visual sway with general running when compared to RO2 or Killing Floor 2 (my opinion has the best run and gun feeling of any game to date) plus the running and crouch speed being very fast all feels very arcadey. Any realism is lost imo with current build.

"Single person can't do anything in game except pointlessly killing some enemies. So the game is mostly deathmatch game."

This because i think we have a lack of ppl playing at the moment in beta, i squad up with some ppl and we try and work together, the manual squad setup is far far better than the obscure method in RO2 that's for sure which noone used and relied on auto.

"No any death penalty makes people run on machine guns same as in RO games. Its not scary to respawn."

This is by design and how it has been since RO1, its not about tickets or deaths but about holding points, making it more tense to survive and get back to the point or squad above all else.

"Proning is very strange"

This proning is very buggy at the moment, i can prone and the game will make me move me to the right constantly even on flat ground, in water it is very very bad Cucho eg under the bridge, sometimes even making the screen spaz out. Been like this in RO2 to a smaller degree, i think this comes down to map terrain tweaking bug fixing.

Something is just up with running thru water, very very slow moment and janky looking.

That invis helicopter sound bug is crazy loud oO

Upvote 0
steve2142;n2287268 said:
"- The feeling of the game is like I play single player zombie survival shooter game instead of war game."

......What?.....

"I expected something similar to Squad game which feels much better."

Thats your opinion homie, then go play Squad. And actually give valuable feedback- be a lot more descriptive and look at these problems from more perspectives so you can give helpful information and not just go on a pointless rant.

Man, I played all possible RO games starting from UT mod. Including RO Mods like Darkest Hour. Im with Tripwire interactive more than 10 years. And yes thats my opinion. Can I have opinion please?

Upvote 0
smc;n2287295 said:
steve2142
"No any death penalty makes people run on machine guns same as in RO games. Its not scary to respawn."

This is by design and how it has been since RO1, its not about tickets or deaths but about holding points, making it more tense to survive and get back to the point or squad above all else.

Not in all RO games. In some RO games you have to wait about 30 seconds to respawn. Or to wait until next countdown point.
Current implementation has mix of some very hardcode and very arcade features which makes this game too niche (arcade players and hardcore players most probably will not play this game). I personally like both types of games. Rising storm 2 neither of these types.

Upvote 0