• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Credit where credit is due: The sound artists

Had a moment tonight in Barracks that unnerved me a bit because of the sound.

I was on the Russian side and was on the 2nd floor of point C holding back the Facist pigs with my trusty Mosin Nagant. One of my poor brothers had apparently got shot up pretty bad on the 1st floor because he sat there moaning and asking for help for the better part of 15 seconds before he fell silent. It was a little disturbing listening to him sputter out his last seconds of life.

Given the context of the game, I think that's a good thing, eh tovarish?

Upvote 0
I thought I would *hate* the english accented voices but it really is fine, and makes it understandable without having to show the translated text in chat like in RO. Took me two years playing RO before I could understand all the phrases without looking at the translation :D

Same... I keep hearing stuff that sounds great and adds to the immersion: "Ahh! Ivan got me!" "Get down!" "When I'm done with you even you're mother won't love you!"

Great voice acting. Several if not all are the same actors from Company of Heroes, which was also excellent. Gotta love it!

p.s. Beast that's a nice poem :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah i found most of the guns little "pop" to be a little too soft.
Otherwise brilliant

Are you using PC-speakers? Some guns were a bit too soft for me as well before I started using my headphones. There's definately nothing wrong with the recordings I can tell you that.

My only complaints are with the low volume of the grenade explosions and the too high volume of other tanks in your vicinity getting hit. Or rather too little distinction between your own tank getting hit and others.

Upvote 0