• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cosmetic unlocks for classic?

Being able to play with no bayonets and also some of the unlocks that are actually more realistic than what we currently have, like the PEM on side mount for the 91/30, with no bayonet :)

Some good'old action time with the MG34 with 250 belt, could be reduced to 100 round belt, or limited ability, or inability to hipfire with it

Upvote 0
Being able to play with no bayonets and also some of the unlocks that are actually more realistic than what we currently have, like the PEM on side mount for the 91/30, with no bayonet :)

Some good'old action time with the MG34 with 250 belt, could be reduced to 100 round belt, or limited ability, or inability to hipfire with it

It would be better to be able to detach/attach the bayonets, but it's too hard to build it In Game, or, of course, if you find a great modder....?

I don't agree with the MG34 with 250 or 100 round belt in Classic, MG34 is already more powerfull than the DP28.

Upvote 0
Papasha is already more powerful than MP40, what are you afraid of? :D

DP-28 has a nice unrestricted view in Iron sights, but it was the inferior MG. Of course in reality, MG34 was not suited to the eastern front, and specially cold. But no guns in game were perfect and RO2 does not simulate problems with them

But i guess it's classic anyway... screw authenticity right? Wee! ZF4 on G41, Wee! PU scope on 91/30

Upvote 0
I know the hate towards unlocks, but...those cosmetic unlocks to see your weapon more or less polished depending on its level, it's not game-breaking and it would be kind of nice of having in Classic mode. :)

Isn't the weapon condition (cosmetic appearance) tied in with the level of the weapon?

In other words, if I want my rifle with a bayonet, I'm given the more polished looking rifle.... but if I don't want the bayonet, I get the more cruddier looking rifle you start off with.

They're modelled/textured in that way I believe..... that's why you can't just attach/detach the bayonet while running around & have to select the bayonet in the weapons list via clicking on the rank bars on the left of the weapon... not just because there's no animation for it.

So you'd need multiple textures for multiple modelled weapons.... that's not even mentioning additional animations for your character changing things while in-game.

I'm not saying I'm for or against the OP's idea.... but this is a hurdle that needs to be addressed.

Upvote 0
Well that's subjective.I'd say those are about equal MP40 is more accurate , while PPSH has higher rate of fire.
But when it comes to DP28 vs MG34 , the winner is clear , so no bigger belts please or attacking with Russians will be even more painful.

That's not subjective. They are not even close to equal. Not in real life, not in game. PPSh has much higher rate of fire, 71 drum mag, faster and more accurate bullet and a crude yet effective muzzle brake, that unfortunately are not featured in game very well. The real MP40 had some nice features and all, but that's about it, hand grip this and that, folding stock...

Attacking as russians painfull tovarich?

Za mnoy. V ataku! Za rodinu !!!!

3943704068_92eccd9435.jpg

Upvote 0
Well that's subjective.I'd say those are about equal MP40 is more accurate , while PPSH has higher rate of fire.
But when it comes to DP28 vs MG34 , the winner is clear , so no bigger belts please or attacking with Russians will be even more painful.
The PPSh is such a massive advantage during an attack it's not funny, so I really can't agree with you at all. It's objectively a far superior SMG to the MP 40 in every respect.

Upvote 0
Again, there is nothing wrong with DP28, it could only benefit from +1 drum at spawn.
MG34 is ok, im still haweing trouble to anticipate where my rounds are going, but its due to a higher rate of fire. I played maybe 2hrs with it, but eventualy ill get it.
Maybe 250 belt is too much, 100 would be better solution just for some drama when Russians are chargeing and you hear "click" :D

Upvote 0
Its a sad story, what happens now, in this days. Classic Servers are mainly empty.

And why?
I think because classic is not really fun atm.
OK, gameplay is much better than vanilla, but why can i not downgrade my weoppons like in realism?

Why stamina is not fixed? CH, RO and GE are not playable for attackers at the moment.

Kick Voting system is a bad joke, selecting spawnpoint over and over again is just annoiing. Its sad...

So much sad things, including the split up of the community. So much decisions made, that i can not understand.

Upvote 0
Its a sad story, what happens now, in this days. Classic Servers are mainly empty.

And why?
I think because classic is not really fun atm.
OK, gameplay is much better than vanilla, but why can i not downgrade my weoppons like in realism?

Why stamina is not fixed? CH, RO and GE are not playable for attackers at the moment.

Kick Voting system is a bad joke, selecting spawnpoint over and over again is just annoiing. Its sad...

So much sad things, including the split up of the community. So much decisions made, that i can not understand.

Yeap, maps changes is the next step to help attackers, it means a lot for them thought, in Classic especially. Gameplay isn't really great atm either :/ Sort of bad mixture of RO1 and RO2 'Realism'
And this is so bad to see we can actually have cosmetics choices in Classic, they are already ingame but we can't use them because TWI did wrong with this buggy unlock system... :( How long did we wait to be able to choice between what unlock we want to use? some months, and of course, detach/atach bayo is much better, but, too hard. :rolleyes:
How long will we wait to be able to choice if we want a crappy or a cleaned weapons?

Last edited:
Upvote 0