• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Consider this, all ye who still have hope..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I think this is a spot on assessment.
Let the BF3/MW3 dust settle and the playerbase will start to grow again.
BF3 has had very similar release problems but because the Battlefield franchise is now moving to a COD style yearly release I feel EA will push Dice into fixing many of the basic bugs while leaving many of the more lower priority bugs because the time scheduled to start on the next BF game will not allow them to fully fix the game.
At least this is what happens with COD games.
People are very unhappy with Bf3 and origin, amazon.de it has 3.000 reviews with one star which is the worst possible.
With mw3 they will pull the usual crap as always so I dont see these games stealing players from RO.
They are in no way better but even worse.

I would be happy if RO ran great on all my machines also the older ones and I think Im not the only one.

Upvote 0
I have a dream...

I have a dream that one day Tripwire will rise up and live out the true meaning of Red Orchestra: ''We hold these truths to be self-evident: That all RO games are ment to be tactical.''
'

Forget that dream, the game is tactical but most players aren`t.
80% of tactical moves of myself ended that i got teamkilled.
And i become more angrier every time because players don`t get it
how to play.

They play as hordes sheeps

Upvote 0
The playerbase will not grow from this point on.

There is literally too much competition out there. If RO2 hasnt gripped enough players now, a patch or two will unlikely reap hoardes of new blood to keep the current (dwindling numbers of) players happy...

Truth of the matter is, I reckon from this point on, this game will be community lead. TWI are unlikely to expect or in fact, obtain many new sales. What is their motivation to keep hammering away at bug fixes, with minimal future revenue stream? They have already promised free DLC / content.. Ill be suprised when that arrives.

It breaks my heart in a way. Years I waited for this game, pining for that 'mod-era' vibe...

Alas.

They said the same thing about Killing Floor vs. L4D. HoS offers an expericance that other games don't. Loads of people left because of the bugs and performance. After the first DLC, people will come back to try it and see how much it has improved. Just like Killing Floor which has a healthy player base now.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.