• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] computer completly freezes after last content update

zero13be

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2014
Since the last update my computer is completly freezing after playing for 20-30 min. My screen just freezes and i get some loop sound going like brrrrrr. The only thing i can do hard reset my computer. I have been playing this game since the release and i sometimes got this in some very rare instances, but after the last update i have get this everytime after 20-30 min.

I already tried to reinstal the game, verify cache,... Every driver is up to date and there isnt anything overheating.

specs: win7 64bit
i5 750
ati hd 5870
8gb ram

I've been getting this on and off since the ol' GOTY update for RO2. I can play on some servers for two hours, some servers for fifteen minutes; it really is quite (apparently) random. I have done all the usual business of reinstalling the game, deleting the .ini files in MyDocuments and updating my video drivers.

It got to the point where I didn't play the game for at least two weeks (!!!!) due to worrying about further crashes.

I'm going to try mucking about with on-board sound drivers (or disabling them completely) to see if that does it, otherwise bleh.

Upvote 0
Moi Update:

So disabling certain sound drivers didn't have any effect, I tried another solution. I under-clocked (!) my graphics card by a small amount (It was out of the box overclocked to 1.02GHZ rather than 960MHz that the manufacturer sets it to) and I haven't come across a single crash in RO2 or SpecOps: The Line since (this one was a right bugger, crashed in 5 mins).

The going theory is that UE3 is weird and doesn't like me or overclocked graphics cards.

Upvote 0