• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commandos need love too

Strogglet, like Entangler cleared out, "resistant" is not "immune". By resistance we mean he takes LESS damage, not ZERO damage.

Here is the full list of all resistances cleared out:

(100% bonus) 2x damage by Handgrenades and Pipebombs
(25% bonus) 1.25x damage by M79/M32/M203 grenades
(Normal) 1x damage by LAW
(25% resistance) 0.75x damage by headshots done with LAR, M14 and Impact damage (Impact = Husk Cannon initial damage and also non-exploding M79/M32/M203 grenades)
(65% resistance) 0.35x damage by headshot done with Xbow (only on Sui/HoE)(Note: Due to the Xbow's 4x headshot multiplier, headshots still do more damage than bodyshots)
(??% resistance) A lot less (almost immune) to fire damage
(100% resistance) 0x damage by Bloat vomit

EDIT: Thanks for pointing that out buhen :)
(50% resistance) 0.5x damage to everything else

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The code governing the Flesh Pound's resistances has been posted several times before, and those posts should be easy enough to find, but because you're being stubborn, here it is again:
Code:
    // He takes less damage to small arms fire (non explosives)
    // Frags and LAW rockets will bring him down way faster than bullets and shells.
    if ( DamageType != class 'DamTypeFrag' && DamageType != class 'DamTypeLaw' && DamageType != class 'DamTypePipeBomb'
        && DamageType != class 'DamTypeM79Grenade' && DamageType != class 'DamTypeM32Grenade'
        && DamageType != class 'DamTypeM203Grenade' )
    {
        // Don't reduce the damage so much if its a high headshot damage weapon
        if( bIsHeadShot && class<KFWeaponDamageType>(damageType)!=none &&
            class<KFWeaponDamageType>(damageType).default.HeadShotDamageMult >= 1.5 )
        {
            Damage *= 0.75;
        }
        else if ( Level.Game.GameDifficulty >= 5.0 && bIsHeadshot && (class<DamTypeCrossbow>(damageType) != none || class<DamTypeCrossbowHeadShot>(damageType) != none) )
        {
            Damage *= 0.35; // was 0.3 in Balance Round 1, then 0.4 in Round 2, then 0.3 in Round 3/4, and 0.35 in Round 5
        }
        else
        {
            Damage *= 0.5;
        }
    }
    // double damage from handheld explosives
    else if (DamageType == class 'DamTypeFrag' || DamageType == class 'DamTypePipeBomb' )
    {
        Damage *= 2.0;
    }
    // A little extra damage from the grenade launchers, they are HE not shrapnel,
    // and its shrapnel that REALLY hurts the FP ;)
    else if( DamageType == class 'DamTypeM79Grenade' || DamageType == class 'DamTypeM32Grenade'
         || DamageType == class 'DamTypeM203Grenade' )
    {
        Damage *= 1.25;
    }

Not easy enough to find, the searcher on this forum is very annoying.

This looks like an "exposed code", where you can find it in the game archives?

Strogglet, like Entangler cleared out, "resistant" is not "immune". By resistance we mean he takes LESS damage, not ZERO damage.

Here is the full list of all resistances cleared out:

(100% bonus) 2x damage by Handgrenades and Pipebombs
(25% bonus) 1.25x damage by M79/M32/M203 grenades
(Normal) 1x damage by LAW
(25% resistance) 0.75x damage by headshots done with LAR, M14 and Impact damage (Impact = Husk Cannon initial damage and also non-exploding M79/M32/M203 grenades)
(65% resistance) 0.35x damage by headshot done with Xbow (only on Sui/HoE)(Note: Due to the Xbow's 4x headshot multiplier, headshots still do more damage than bodyshots)
(??% resistance) A lot less (almost immune) to fire damage
(100% resistance) 0x damage by Bloat vomit

This obviously should be put on the Killing Floor wiki!

He also has 50% resistance to every other weapon you didn't mention. :)

Don't start an argument of "Half-damage" vs "50% resistance", actually, you're spoofing me, don't spoof me, spoof the Ginger man.

Reactions: Azukki and Aze
Upvote 0
I actually did not know you could manually shoot your own pipe to set it off. That's a new and interesting tidbit especially when I set a pipe down because of incoming big zed, and they walk right by it without the pipe exploding.

I realized it by trial and error. Had the witty idea of showing newbies that shooting my own pipebomb won't do anything to me, and then in just 5 seconds I realized the only newbie here is me.

Upvote 0
What you are saying is wrong even though everyone will say you are right; You're not specific at all.

You say he has resistance to everything except explosives, that's false. He has a small resistance to headshots, and he takes half-damage. Not that he's resistant to everything. If he was, trust me, I would piss and not be guilty if I saw a FP. Nobody but demos can kill him, eh?

Everyone, including the source code, says I am right....because I am always right, just like Batman is always right.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Not easy enough to find, the searcher on this forum is very annoying.

This looks like an "exposed code", where you can find it in the game archives?
  1. Download the Killing Floor SDK from the Tools tab of the Steam Library.
  2. Run it.
  3. When it starts, a child window containing a texture browser will appear on the right side. That window has several tabs below the menu bar. Click the one labelled "Actor Classes".
  4. From the child window's menu bar, which will have changed when you selected the Actor Classes tab, select File -> Export All Scripts and confirm when prompted.
  5. Navigate to the directory Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor. If you have looked in there before, you will notice that it now contains several new subdirectories; they contain the data exported from the SDK, and are named according to their respective packages.
  6. From Killing Floor's base directory, navigate to the new subdirectory KFChar\Classes and open the file ZombieFleshPound.uc.
  7. Scroll down to the function named TakeDamage and start reading.
  8. Cease to assume that all evidence against you is fabricated.
Don't start an argument of "Half-damage" vs "50% resistance", actually, you're spoofing me, don't spoof me, spoof the Ginger man.
Once again, you're wrong about the meaning of the word. Resistance is not necessarily absolute; completely impervious resistance is called immunity. Flesh Pounds are only immune to Bloat bile, but are also partially resistant to almost everything else. The only damage type in the game to which they receive no damage multiplier of any kind is that of LAW rockets.

Upvote 0
I think you misunderstood. FPs have no resistance to bullets, they have resistance to headshots by a small amount. And their explosion is actually 25% less resistant, that's why a Commando with M32 can unload 6 rounds and kill him.

Um what...fp has resistance to everything except explosives.

What you are saying is wrong even though everyone will say you are right; You're not specific at all.

Funny considering scary ghost wrote a very detailed post on this:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49922

Assuming he didn't just make up the source code, based on that he is very specific, even with the statement "fp has resistance to everything except explosives."

And a 50-65% resistance to crossbow bolts is not small.

Upvote 0
Disagreed, Brian. Commando's whole job is to focus on one weak target at a time, rapidly dispose of them, and immediately move on to the next, and I think it's the ideal role for him. Penetration would be slightly counter-intuitive to that, encouraging crowd-spraying and double headshot trickshots, which should be left to support and sharp.

As far as ammo goes, it's meant to be restrictive and encourage you to fire a little more deliberately. If you stuck to trash, had two rifles, missed 10% of your shots, hit with 50% of your shots, and got headshots with 40%, you'd probably change your mind about needing more ammo.
If anything, I think the SCAR should maybe lose a couple mags.

Upvote 0