• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Collector's Addition

Never mind the HoS collector's edition, i still want this -

1702uRedOrchestraInhaltBox2jpg.jpg

Found one of these copies in a local retailer's bargain bin a while back, and though I have two original retail copies, I just had to get it!

I will most likely purchase RO2:HOS on Steam, as most retailers in this area basically do not carry PC games anymore (so it seems). I like having a physical copy, and if there was a collectors edition, I'd certainly purchase it if I could have it on release day. However, I am much more interested in having the game pre-loaded on steam and ready to play the minute it goes live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A Collectors edition would be nice.

It would be bought by the fans, and, a game that has collectors edition, look more professional to people who don't know anything about it. "Oh, this game is good enough to have a collectors edition"

The downside is Steam: Why?

Because is not fair, a digital copy of a game by definition can't be for "collectors", and its just bull**** that digital content is locked for the other players. Instead of real collectors goodies.

So collectors edition would be restricted to boxed versions, but then, that would probably hurt the Steam sale model.

But then, I'd have to wait to get the box, when the normal customers would get the game before me because they get it in the moment of release.

Other thing is that the game, collectors and normal, would be the same from the steam perspective, so I buy both versions, play the digital, get the box, and then sell or gift the code of that box to a friend to play it.

Could also be a different kind of collectors edition, that guarantees that you'll get all future paid DLCs automatically for free. But then it wouldn't be called "collectors" as I said, is a bad term for a digital version. More like "Elite" or "Hero" edition then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0