• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

COD2 patch (merged)

Personally i have nothing against cod2 even with the sub standard patch, i can admit i enjoyed playing it well at the start anyhow but the fact is that the game is so unrealistic it makes it a joke to call it a ww2 game period its only slightly more realistic than quake in many ways, thats where ro comes in it offers so much to ww2 buffs and fans something cod2 will never do.

Upvote 0
COD1 was good fun and they actually fixed problems and stuff the community wanted changed. With the expansion they listened and added tons of features that were damn fun to play with. Tons of weapons, maps vehicles, it was multiplayer heaven.

But then CoD2. Its like they decided to run right into a concrete wall. I wasnt worth the money, was only half functional (dx9 never worked for me, guess the 9800pro is obselete), the game lost every single feature (even something as basis as sprinting), and weapons and vehicles added in the expansion. How do you ****ing take a step backward?

Upvote 0
Burns said:
COD1 was good fun and they actually fixed problems and stuff the community wanted changed. With the expansion they listened and added tons of features that were damn fun to play with. Tons of weapons, maps vehicles, it was multiplayer heaven.

But then CoD2. Its like they decided to run right into a concrete wall. I wasnt worth the money, was only half functional (dx9 never worked for me, guess the 9800pro is obselete), the game lost every single feature (even something as basis as sprinting), and weapons and vehicles added in the expansion. How do you ****ing take a step backward?
I think I know why all the good enhancements were lost in COD2. My guess is since another developer made United Offensive, Infinity Ward either weren't legally allowed or didn't want to include the enhancements out of sheer machismo spiteful attitude: "We don't need any help from you Devs who made United Offensive. We've (Infinity Ward's) got it ALL FIGURED OUT!"

Whatever, I laugh at COD2.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I currently run a COD/UO server and for a brief (1 month) time we had a COD2 server. Then decided to take it down and wait for the patch. I'm glad I wasn't wasting more money in that time. From the beginning I felt robbed after buying COD2. I really liked the SP but quickly grew fed up with the MP for all the reasons mentioned here. I have been following the IWNations forum patiently waiting for the patch in the hopes it would resolve the many problems with COD2. It seems to have created as many problems as it has fixed. I have been considering Red Orchestra as an additional server but having felt so ripped off with COD2 I am really hesitant to jump onto anything new withough thoroughly researching the forums. I can't believe the difference between this forum and the COD2 forums. Such happiness and bliss.:) I am extremely impressed with the information on your front page from the developer. IW and ATV could really take a cue from that. What I loved about COD and UO was the involvement and support from the developers when it was Grey Matter. Profound disappointed sums it up for COD2 though.
I'm encouraged to try RO now after visiting here. I have not yet purchased the game but will be doing so today. I don't think COD2 is going to have a long and successful run. I think they have created their Pacific Assault. I think they counted too heavily on graphics to carry it to the neglect of the gameplay itself and other needed features. The fact that they have not to date released the editing tools for the mappers and modders will also lead to it's demise. It is the mapping and modding community that take a good game and make it something great, witness the over 1000 maps for COD and UO, some of them brilliant, surpassing those released with the game. A lot of frustrated talent out there now. I will continue to use this forum as a guide, especially should I decide to put up a server. Great site btw.
Happy Gaming,
Frag

Upvote 0
The COD2 Devs should get on their knees infront of a long line of all the gamers who bought their piece of crap, and then held out for months and months for a patch, just to be slapped with some lame ass, next-to-useless update. Those Devs should then be forced, for 15-30 minutes each, to give oral pleasure as an apology to the disgruntled gamers.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
The COD2 Devs should get on their knees infront of a long line of all the gamers who bought their piece of crap, and then held out for months and months for a patch, just to be slapped with some lame ass, next-to-useless update. Those Devs should then be forced, for 15-30 minutes each, to give oral pleasure as an apology to the disgruntled gamers.

Can't I just get my money back LOL!

Upvote 0
well the one thing that really annoys me about COD2 is the fact we wait for 6 months AFTER the game release for them to give us a patch+PB.

Then over at the IW forums 2 days after the Unofficial patch release there are loads of topics asking ppl to report bugs glitches etc in the patch?!

wtf didnt they do that 6 months ago when they started tha patch?

Also i had to get the patch from an unofficial source, and also the linux binaries werent even in the patch? They also had to be downloaded from an Unofficial source?
So in my opinion what we have now is a ptched cod that weve got to wait another 6 months for iw to remove the bugs and glitches from the 1.2 patch.....
imo if iw has to make us wait for this long for a patch they should at least do this:

1.2 for windows/linux.
with PB.
with editor.
with any new maps.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:

Can my dev be a good looking person of the fair sex? I'm not exactly disgruntled with COD2(Just played the SP, which was nice and what I wanted), but this 30 minute oral pleasure thing *could* change my mind. :p

Upvote 0
colcorpse said:
well the one thing that really annoys me about COD2 is the fact we wait for 6 months AFTER the game release for them to give us a patch+PB.

Then over at the IW forums 2 days after the Unofficial patch release there are loads of topics asking ppl to report bugs glitches etc in the patch?!

wtf didnt they do that 6 months ago when they started tha patch?

They were on vacation after the game came out for a few weeks. They probably just got back last month to put together a quick gay patch.

Like it's been said... CoD (the entire series) is long gone for me. CoD:2 KILLED it for me.

Upvote 0