• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

COD2 patch (merged)

I got it earlier today...definitely NOT worth the wait.

No editor, no mod tools.

We got two "new" maps. One which is an old one ported over and with like, one extra ladder somewhere, the other is an SP map that was trimmed down.

Okay, PB. Took months for that.

The core gameplay is still Quake with Germans. And, for that, I feel no significant improvement has been made to the game.

Upvote 0
So the CoD2 Patch is out...and its nothing to be proud of.

So the CoD2 Patch is out...and its nothing to be proud of.

The new CoD2 patch is out and it boasts 2 incredable new maps that can be added to your MP server map list.........That is if you like the origional Hardor...and the new CoD2 Sp map 'Rhine' (which was allready made into a SP-MP convert)...Nothing big and new for maps lists...however the patch does bring back the much needed Punk Buster support...too bad really, CoD2 will be losing about 1/3rd of their community with this new feature *g wonder why*.
among the Maps and the PB there have been many new exploit fixes...
Whoopy! i dont see this as too much of a plus...why?
because it shows how much effort the Programmers put into finding bugs and exploits in the FIRST PLACE...but it looks nice on a list of fixes...kinda like writing a school repost and jsut befor you turn it in you up the font size to make it look bigger...all jokes asside, each of the MP maps, prior to this patch release, grasped atleast two Explots...most holding 3 and atleast 1 that is easy to get to.
And finially, at long last we get to building some new...............Oh wait...Hmmm...lets see here...huh! no radiant...
Yup that's right,
radiant is still on the 'To Be Released' list...Just what the CoD2 players need...another thing to Wait for that the Developers prommised by the end of Jan...or Was it Feb? no wait it was March...i was just certain it was at the end of...oh never mind!
All in all the patch give the very well needed PunkBuster...thats something to be happy about, aswell as a couple new maps to play on, and a few bug fixes here and there...
But not counting the 'no-show' of new weapons, and the fact that we are still waiting on Radiant, and a few maps that we havnt allready seen before and lag fixes...Its a great Patch *cough*...oh yeah and yes there have been a few remarks here and there, that the patch causes some Lag issues...and loading time troubles...but who's counting?

OMG WAIT WHATS THIS?! THESE THINGS EITHER WONT HAPPEN IN A PATCH OR WONT HAPPEN VERY WELL AT ALL?
For an explination please real 'tally's Post at the end of this page (he's the one with the RO Sig *cool)
http://forums.filefront.com/showthread.php?t=224387&page=5

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mhm 30 mb is too little for 6 month. But the main problem is now solved --> the patch include PunkBuster.
The maps are ok, but there are some things they don't fix, e.g. the recoil, the hitbox and so on. If IW doesn't make another patch, which contains the wishes of the community, the people will not play the game anymore. This is very sadly because imo the game is not bad.
Fortunatly i've got RO. Everything is great--> the developer, the community, the game :) . Hopefully Tripewire will release many patches with a lot of new stuff.
Peace

Upvote 0
DarkWarrior said:
Mhm 30 mb is too little for 6 month. But the main problem is now solved --> the patch include PunkBuster.
The maps are ok, but there are some things they don't fix, e.g. the recoil, the hitbox and so on. If IW doesn't make another patch, which contains the wishes of the community, the people will not play the game anymore. This is very sadly because imo the game is not bad.
Fortunatly i've got RO. Everything is great--> the developer, the community, the game :) . Hopefully Tripewire will release many patches with a lot of new stuff.
Peace

Ditto. I am really glad they added the PunkBuster support, but I still feel like I wasted $50.00 on this game. I wish I could get my friends to try RO. Much better game play. A lot less of the "run and gun." They are still addicted to the old COD...:(

Upvote 0