• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Clipping/Glitching

heady89

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2007
Sweden, Linkoping/Mjolby
As with any first person shooter this problem occurs quite often, especially in games where there are no real projectiles such as Cod, Bf and where the gunshots/laser-beam just extracts from the center of your screen.

To define what I am talking about, if you go prone behind a sandbag and then you go up into a crouch mode , pull a fast shot and then prone again.. from a 3rd person point of view, you where never even visible, a quite common problem.

The same goes for leaning, people lean out very quickly, pull off a shot and lean in , whilst in 3rd person mode it happen so fast you were never even visible.

Curious if TW have had this in mind, seeing as it's real projectiles tho, the problem might not be there, it was never really a problem in the original RO, but with RO2 and the introduction of a lot of leaning/peaking animations, it becomes more of a potential issue, especially in urban combat.

The issue with this is that in games like CoD, the camera and gun are both at the top of the head rather in the proper 3rd person locations. This makes it so those tactics can be performed and give the person full vision while offering nothing to the opponent. I'm not too sure exactly on HoS's camera system, but the fact that switching from the two positions not only 1) Takes more time than in other games and 2) Will offer a VERY inaccurate shot, makes me feel safe about these sorts of things.

Upvote 0
The issue with this is that in games like CoD, the camera and gun are both at the top of the head rather in the proper 3rd person locations. This makes it so those tactics can be performed and give the person full vision while offering nothing to the opponent. I'm not too sure exactly on HoS's camera system, but the fact that switching from the two positions not only 1) Takes more time than in other games and 2) Will offer a VERY inaccurate shot, makes me feel safe about these sorts of things.

One can only hope you're right :)

Upvote 0
I just hope it feels right.. and what is wrong with fast pop up shots.. ur a young soldier in battle not some old grandpa...

Did you completely miss my point or just ignore what i said.

I was referring to a clipping/glitch problem, present in many of todays shooters, obviously you don't seem to have any idea what i am talking about seeing your response.

Even if your as fast as "lightning joe" you're 3rd person character should always be exposed for that milisec that you're actually leaning out, the problem is in many of todays shooters , you aren't.

You can clipp corners and not expose your body which is the issue, technically if someone was aiming there no matter how fast you are, he should be able to see you for that milisec you lean out and be able to shoot you if he had a perfect shot/prediction of your location.

Last edited:
Upvote 0