• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Classic testing

As far as Classic stamina/movement goes, I don't think it's a matter of full sprint speed.

I think it's that the 'exhausted sprint' is what we think of as too slow. You watch bots playing Classic, and they really are running in slow motion once the exhausted sprint kicks in.

The way it feels in Classic for me is that I feel totally fine when I have stamina left, but as soon as stamina is depleted, the movement system does feel pretty bad. Increasing the speed of the exhausted sprint will make everything feel a lot smoother. I mean, the current exhausted sprint is negligibly faster than the standard jog--it really should be tweaked a little.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when people talk about how sluggish Classic movement feels, they might just be thinking of the exhausted sprint. On a full stamina bar, you can actually run straight from E to inside D on Pavlov's House before you run out of stamina. But if you're running in the open and find yourself with no stamina, suddenly you feel like you've aged forty years...

Upvote 0
I wonder if TWI will ever listen to community on how to make classic better:
3. Better name

maybe something like this:
-Hardcore Realism
-Historical Authentic
-Historical Realism
-Authentic Realism
and how about a official TW poll,with different potential names.to see what the communty thinks is the best name.

here are some more ideas,for a better Classic mode.[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=89616[/URL]

Upvote 0
3. Better name
One of my friends who tried RO2 for the very first time said after reading through the names classic gave him the impression of some old outdated thing and jumped to a realism server immediately. Hardcore or Veteran mode could suit better in my opinion but as Yosh said it's debatable.

EDIT: An official poll wouldn't hurt :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Needs a name to really let the player base know it's the opposite of "Action Mode."

How about "Inaction Mode"?! Just kidding, I actually prefer Classic. Can't think of a good name - maybe simply "Hardcore"

They call Realism already hardcore mode...

Oh and for all that complain about stamina being too low in Classic it has been drastically increased by a previous patch in RO2. The running speed is debatable and I myself would not mind a slight increase up to 10% the most especially when jogging with no stamina, as you are just as fast jogging in a crouched position atm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It needs a new name as "Classic" is pretty ambiguous, I'd propose "Tactical Mode" instead as the slower pace and more deadly environment promotes tactical play.

I'm OK with Hardcore, but I think Realism players might not agree and think that should apply to them. A simple matter of perspective IMO.

Also the description is damaging, I don't have it memorized, but "certain functions limited" is not very sexy. Who'd want to jump in and play that? Instead, describe the mode more accurately: Higher damage, slower pace, free of gimmicks, deadlier environment.

Upvote 0
It needs a new name as "Classic" is pretty ambiguous, I'd propose "Tactical Mode" instead as the slower pace and more deadly environment promotes tactical play.

I'm OK with Hardcore, but I think Realism players might not agree and think that should apply to them. A simple matter of perspective IMO.

Also the description is damaging, I don't have it memorized, but "certain functions limited" is not very sexy. Who'd want to jump in and play that? Instead, describe the mode more accurately: Higher damage, slower pace, free of gimmicks, deadlier environment.

I fully agree. The description might be misleading to some but there has been an influx of new players on Classic servers and many seemed to like it coming from other MP FPS and were put off by their arcadish feeling.

But not knowingly people will join Realism servers and get used to it and don't try the mode with as you said with "limited functions".

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by Adenru
I wonder if TWI will ever listen to community on how to make classic better:
1. Faster movement
2. Reinforcements/time scale
3. Better name

1. I play the classic mode mostly and its true that is impossible to move without smoke when you are under fire, you cant "sneak" the bullets like other games, so its a bit more static and you depend of others players. i think that in RO1 was a bit faster (it is a feeling),i can't blow up easier enemy tank than RO1. however this is a critical point, i dont want to see Usain Bolt moving around at 40km/h through the steppe.

2. nothing to say.

3. Classic is valid for me,in my opinion the name represents that is closer to ro1 , but i accept any idea. (prefect if you are advertising agent :D )

Originally Posted by [40-1]MORD
40-1 clan has RS Classic beta server up and running, started this morning. You all chaps are invited

noooooooo, thats mean that 40-1 RO2 classic server is going to be empty :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Stamina in both realism and classic is probably the same (i checked with stop watch, its about 17 sec till bar reaches the end) but you can get a bit farer in realism as you run faster. Realism zero level speed and classic speed doesn`t seem to be far from each other. Nikita nailed it imo - its deployed stamina speed to blame for this "turtle speed" feeling.
@utek -its only a matter of getting used to a new speed. Then old one seems not right. If you jumped on another game with higher speed then realism (and played a week) then after coming back you would maybe say that realism speed is too slow for you. Jump back on classic mate :D

Upvote 0
@utek -its only a matter of getting used to a new speed. Then old one seems not right. If you jumped on another game with higher speed then realism (and played a week) then after coming back you would maybe say that realism speed is too slow for you. Jump back on classic mate :D
yea i know,after a couple of rounds on classic,it was back:)...but still,i think we need some small tweaks,not much
just like Niki said,its the deployed stamina speed to blame for this "turtle speed" feeling.

Upvote 0