• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Classic RO maps

spidey20

Jun 7, 2007
i'm presently using a guest pass to test RO on my rig (to make sure that if i buy it it'llbe fine) and it works quite well

i used to play RO when it was a UT mod and i remember some/most of the maps there was in the final releases too

howcome they got removed? some where just awesome a few i remmber names of are, warsaw, tank factory, theres loads more which i remmber by sight but cant recall the names

will it ever happen that tripwire release all the classic maps that got removed from the game as a mapppack update that would be a great reward for classic RO players, or at least i think so im quite sure im not the only one that remembers these good maps :)

i posted twice and why dont my posts get posted? it tells me something about awaiting a moderator check or somethin :/

but anyways ye i mentioned moscowhighway and berlin and spartakovka! <3 :D

so why didnt the mappers give permission for a move over to OST front?

I'd imagine you could ask the orginal mappers that? Im sure there are/were reasons..

Upvote 0
Only bad thing about kryukovo is the village. It just doesn't reach the visual quality of the rest of the map, which is superb.

Coming back to classic maps:
Jucha and Rostov were wonderful maps back then. Moscowhighway was also fun. Kharkov and Konigsberg should also get a remake, not to forget RedGodofWar, which could be a whole new experience with 50 players.
And I miss some custommaps from the old version: RoadtoBerlin or a map by uncledrax (featuring the spanish division azul) for example.

Upvote 0