• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Classic New Year!

Tea_and_Crumpets

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2013
Good day to you gentlemen!

I am sure most of you are aware I have been arranging Hardcore/Classic events for Red Orchestra 2 and Rising Storm (which is on sale at the moment I believe, so snap up that bargain if you haven't got it already!).

I am going to be suffering with a Godzilla of a hangover tomorrow and would like nothing better for you all to come and suffer with me! Classic server, 6pm (GMT)? I'll bring the cheese, you bring some nibbles.

Regards,

T&C

Classic January first?
I hope to be there :D
But I'm afraid I won't be participating in the communal hangover.

Okay this is going to sound stupid but I can't figure out this GMT thing :/
I live in EST time in the US and somehow there is nothing on the internet that I can find that tells me all the different time zones so I can convert.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Classic January first?
I hope to be there :D
But I'm afraid I won't be participating in the communal hangover.

Okay this is going to sound stupid but I can't figure out this GMT thing :/
I live in EST time in the US and somehow there is nothing on the internet that I can find that tells me all the different time zones so I can convert.

here you go: Washington DC Time is in the Eastern Time Zone in the United States of America (USA). Eastern Standard Time (EST) is 5 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-5).

Upvote 0
Well the server stayed active rather later than normal, still being 40+ until 2 something am GMT. Which is very nice indeed. If a little spoilt by the usual childish justin bieber/spice girls voice com antics towards the end. Still, many a good game all the same.

That said, increasingly thinking campaign mode is a bad idea. I've never been a fan of it to start with for public servers. But I'm getting ever more tired of explaining to people how to work around the GUI bug. And especially tired of explaining to people the server isn't broken, it's a campaign mode bug.

GUI bugs, loadout bugs, repetitive maps, inability to really mix RS and RO2, inability to easily try out custom maps, team stacking issues... so many flaws for campaign mode on a public server. And I see so few benefits.

Upvote 0
this ^

Peripheral indicators are also being triggered by campaign mode on my machine, feels like cheating honestly ! i got 12-0 on cold steel without even trying, seriously I don't want any kind of "software cheat" being activate on my computer, therefore i suggest a mixed RS/RO2/custom map rotation until TWI fixes the campaign mode.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I like Campaign, but I don't think it's helping the cause at this point. I'd love to see a server loaded with the best stock and customs. There's a pile of great customs out now that provide fun battles. Contrary to what you might think, some of the custom RS maps are almost more fun with a small player base. Lots of sneaking around in the scary bushes. :eek:

I had peripheral indicators yesterday too. Odd.

Upvote 0
Yeah I can't help but feel dirty when I have those peripheral indicators, especially at a time when there are so many noobs running around. I had so many moments where I had no right to live, yet those indicators allowed me to react to some unseen danger and take it out. Although it did take me a long time to get used to all the weapon sway in classic again, so that helped even the odds at some points.

As for campaign mode, it certainly does have it moments, especially when the teams are evenly matched, because it makes each match have some meaning to it. I'll get quite invested in a campaign sometimes. However, I have to say that the negatives, which have been previously stated in this thread, outweigh the positives, so I would like to a simple map rotation with both HoS and RS maps, including customs.

Upvote 0
well that was dissapointing, it was 11pm and i was already feeling so drowsy, even took out my headphones and played my very last round in bridges using speakers and arrow keys (lolol) trying not to sleep over the keyboard, wasting away the precious ammunition G41, one bot at a time :p

Hopefully moar ppl will join us tonight, i've spammed with invites 3-4 steam friends yesterday but they couldn't stop playing contagion on hunted mode :S

Upvote 0
much better, GG every1 !

33397161C2C3E2B727421FA9E737483769626243

Last edited:
Upvote 0