• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Clans - Why did you join one?

Back in the times when the mod was for UT2003 I saw this Finnish guys playing and they were in some clans, I was asked to join but at then I had only played the mod for about week or two so I declined. When the mod moved to UT2004 I met these guys again and found out that they had made a Finnish-players-only-clan and I just wanted to get in that. So then I started to play in -SUOMI-.

The best thing in -SUOMI- was that because we were all finnish, we could communicate easily and we could pass information in matches fast and clearly. I also liked the

Upvote 0
To put it simply, I haven't bothered to apply for a clan and I have turned down all clan invites certain people have sent to me because I'm not interested in clan play. I'm nothing more than a casual player; I may join a server and play for a map or two (or maybe five), just to leave without making a noice. I'm not looking for commitment, all I want from this game is the possibility to join a server and play for a while, nothing more. If I would join a clan, I would gain responsibilities towards the clan to fulfil, and that is something I am most hesitant to do.

And besides, I'm a lousy player anyways. No one would seriously want me to join his or her clan.

Upvote 0
I joined the Klan because I felt us white people have been getting the short end of the stick for too long from the rich and powerful "minorities"! Did you know all those so-called senators and so called CEOs are really minorities in white make-up?!?!

Wait a second, I'm not even white. And you guys are probably talking about RO Clans, huh?:D

Well in that case, I'm not in a clan, because I don't think I have consistent gaming time, so I doubt I could complete any obligations that a Clan would require.

Also, I get plenty of teamplay on BFE, where it's OK if you miss a match.

Upvote 0
RO is the only game that I play online. I got my first taste of RO clan thingy when I played on Spartakovka hipshooting people with PPSH41 in the TF top floor and Kingi and Necro (they no longer play RO) asked me to join KGD. I didn't know what to expect because I have never been in a clan before that. I joined in and I don't regret it. I'w been in a clan ever since because RO is basicly clan matchs only. Well it is also fun to get assraped on a public server by rattus's darn MG :D .

Upvote 0
Mormegil said:
Well in that case, I'm not in a clan, because I don't think I have consistent gaming time, so I doubt I could complete any obligations that a Clan would require.

Not all clans/guilds require an enormous commitment. Take my clan/guild Factor VIII for instance. We have members that want and enjoy that practice til you drop/compete in ladder leagues frame of mind, while others just like to get on TS and ingame when they can to blow chit up and have a few laughs. We cater to both types of player.
There is something out there for everyone that is interested in this type of experience and well worth the effort to check out the various clans/guilds in the RO community.

Upvote 0
I joined a clan for the competition and friendship. Started with CoR but things kinda got crazy there and it wasn't much fun anymore. So I joined INForcers ([-I-]) and am glad for the change. Best bunch of guys Ive known, almost like family. It doesn't hurt that we play well together; winning can make any1 get along ;)

Seriously, though...I think clans are worth it if you have the time or are willing to play a bit more seriously. I wouldn't know what to do without my INForcer brothers :)

Upvote 0
I created my clan Cell-3 to play Call of Duty...we dont have any stupid rules, just common sense, and we play for fun first, winning second - Over the past 2 years I've made some great friends, and I've really enjoyed building our website and getting everyone working as a team...then CoD2 comes out and polarizes the community, some leave, so we end up going for BF2 and back to CoDuo....that is until I hear about ROOST!

Our site gets around 2000-3000 views per day, so I have added a News item about ROOST to try and get some of the other visiting clans to look into it.

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
Yeah... like every tenth encounter of us ;) usually, your bad voodoo makes your nades and bullets magically hit me, no matter where I am on the map :D

Everyone knows Finns know VooDoo and some Internets Magic. :eek:

As for moi, After a semester at school, I came home and began to play a lot more RO...and I got really cool with Bob_Joel, Onion, and Murderous_Eagle over at BFE (before the douchebaggery). I was eventually invited to a practice between CiA and CoR, and I completely dominated as Sniper...picking off people in Appts as they ran from the front room near the spawn to the steps. :cool:

I joined TS the next day and Pongo handed me my tags. :D We are a family, I tells ya. :eek:

Upvote 0
At some point i was always a bit of ****ing around with some players, where we basically just played a bit around to have fun. Because they were of the clan Norse Berserkers. I asked to join the clan so we could have more fun.

Later on when Norse Berserkers got problems with finding new players/ active players it basically fell apart. With some leaving or joining other clans. I joined core at that time, the shittiest clan in the ladder never won a single match. But i joined because they were highly active, and i had some good experience with the clanleader when he still used: [Heaton]Rich. Because of the high activity, you could say we found the way to play the game the hard way.

We never really thought what would be the best tactic, we just continued playing till we automatically kind of found ourself something that worked. Our comms were great especially at the start. With steven, pan and bigtoe screaming. While they were all worse than bigtoe is nowadays.

I used to play Red Orchestra alot on publics and just had clanmatches beside it, but when ro 3.0 came out with the new capping method. Teamplay seemed non existend compared to the other versions. So there i really kind of ended up only playing clanmatches. After 1 or 2 rounds of public play i usually get bored unless there are alot of people using comms and co

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was in norse berserkers using the name DBT, i'm actually still an op in the NB irc channels (a bit lonely though :p).

I don't remember alot of users from it enymore. I just remember RedComrade and Novex. Most other people i don't really remember. Anyway me and RedComerade were always trying to obtain pistols at whatever cost. Especially lugers when playing at the allied side.

Upvote 0