• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

character is so small isnt it?

funny-pictures-scared-cat-naked-guy.jpg

I wish I hadn't looked at this thread :<
Was just thinking the same. Damnit.

Upvote 0
Greetings,

I'm the Art Director at Tripwire and I'd like to throw my hat into this thread.

The issue in these shots is not with the character size but with some of the world objects.

The trolley car. We do our best to model everything at a real world scale. We are modeling very old objects, sometimes the scale data we get is not accurate or missing. This could lead to issues like this. Trolley cars do vary a lot in shape and size, attached is one of our reference pics which is more tall then your reference example.

The sandbags come in all different sizes from small to very large, I don't see this one as an issue.

The apartment issue is something a little different. Firstly, most of these apartments are raised and have steps leading into them. The height offset for the steps is leads to it looking to high from outside, if you go inside you'll notice the windows look more like the correction pics you posted. We did notice that from the outside it looked a little high, but was correct from the inside. Changing it would have meant reworking the entire map and wasn't feasible in our time frame.

These buildings have no sidewalks either which would raise it up to match the interior height, but the Russian apartments these were modeled after had no sidewalks and basically go right to dirt. I don't believe you'll notice this in any other maps.

The door handle problem is a fringe issue and generally all of our door handles are at the correct height. I'm assuming that door was made for a smaller building and got scaled up to use there. If that was caught earlier it would have been fixed. This may be possible to address in a future update.

Our goal is to provide the most realistic experience we can, if there are any major inaccuracies, if possible we will address in future updates.

Attachments

• trolly.jpg
    trolly.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Greetings,

I'm the Art Director at Tripwire and I'd like to throw my hat into this thread.

The issue in these shots is not with the character size but with some of the world objects.

The trolley car. We do our best to model everything at a real world scale. We are modeling very old objects, sometimes the scale data we get is not accurate or missing. This could lead to issues like this. Trolley cars do vary a lot in shape and size, attached is one of our reference pics which is more tall then your reference example.

The sandbags come in all different sizes from small to very large, I don't see this one as an issue.

The apartment issue is something a little different. Firstly, most of these apartments are raised and have steps leading into them. The height offset for the steps is leads to it looking to high from outside, if you go inside you'll notice the windows look more like the correction pics you posted. We did notice that from the outside it looked a little high, but was correct from the inside. Changing it would have meant reworking the entire map and wasn't feasible in our time frame.

These buildings have no sidewalks either which would raise it up to match the interior height, but the Russian apartments these were modeled after had no sidewalks and basically go right to dirt. I don't believe you'll notice this in any other maps.

The door handle problem is a fringe issue and generally all of our door handles are at the correct height. I'm assuming that door was made for a smaller building and got scaled up to use there. If that was caught earlier it would have been fixed. This may be possible to address in a future update.

Our goal is to provide the most realistic experience we can, if there are any major inaccuracies, if possible we will address in future updates.

Thanks for acknowledging it and for the reply.

---

Reactions: Chane
Upvote 0