• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

Character DLC: Female avatars and new voices

• Yes, makes sense.

Votes: 159 75.4%
  • No!

Votes: 27 12.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 25 11.8%

• Total voters
I think I'll add a couple of points in here.

I wouldn't mind if female chars were added. But tbh I don't really care either. But if they were to add there are a couple of points.

Memory hit (stated before) Approx 200MB+ into active memory. That isn't a small amount. Not everyone is running a 8GB QuadCore monster machines. Most people are probably still running 2GB Duals and they would feel that hit.

You can't publish a game with it's recommended specs and then start increasing those figures as time goes by.

-Disclaimer- Figures in this next paragraph are estimates based of personal experience, they in no way reflect the actual financial figures of TWI and thus should only be treated as an exercise-
Then there is the associated costs of doing all this work. What would it be? 3 months work? Ouch, that's not going to be cheap. Off the top of my head...

Upvote 0
I think I'll add a couple of points in here.
You can't publish a game with it's recommended specs and then start increasing those figures as time goes by.

Well, that's what Valve is doing with TF2, and they're getting away with it. Regarding KF, I'm not sure if everyone's aware of it, but it is impossible to run it on minimum specs. I tried it a few months ago and the whole computer (not just the graphics card) was struggling to achieve ~15fps. It's a good thing it burned down. I now have a "8GB QuadCore monster machine", no joke.

Last edited:
Upvote 0