• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Release [Character] Art Mannequin - Clientside!

SuccubaNono

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
header_info.png

DOODLEDOODLEDOODLE

Yup, it just works. I've been toying with custom characters a lot lately and I felt like doing something simple, so this came out of it. The mannequin model comes from here and the pencil model comes from here. I put everything together, made preview pics, designed the alternate skins, all that junk.

He replaces Tanaka, making him replace another character would be difficult since I've already prepared everything. As always, he's totally clientside, which means he works online! On a client's game, not meant to be installed on the server! Perks intact, yadda yadda.

I'm also aware his glasses and headphones are misaligned. Due to multiple characters sharing the same model from a certain package, I can't easily reposition them. If it's really a problem, then post and I'll tell you how. It requires hex editing.

To Install:

Read the readme. It's called readme for a reason. ;)

Screenshots:

header_mirrors.png

BROKEN - Custom characters are obsolete due to an upcoming hex editing patch. Files are still available in case a mutator or future fix is made.

Last edited:
I dont think you are allowed to post the progress of making these. If its the same as in KF, then its explotible as there was a thread about it in KF1 and was deleted.

It's a guide on replacing strings, not going in and changing booleans / variables. Besides, it's just the character archetype. If someone messes it up, they'll just have playermodel issues or won't be able to connect.

Upvote 0