• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Change the bullpup to MG for commando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link doesn't work :(

I so agree...

So explain the machete which noone uses. Explain existence of 2nd pistol. There are weapons which noone uses or noone wants to use. People mostly pick them up just to sell them. :rolleyes:

Dual 9mm sucks, But besides this one, everything you mentioned DO have reasons for existence.

Machete: 1 weight. Some classes cannot spare enough weight for a backup weapon. This one is nice. (For example, demo with LAW.)

Dual HC: OK. Ultimate close quarter for a SS. (This one is useful before the 1008 patch.)

Dual .44: Geez, .44*2 owns LESS recoil than the single one!

(Note: I found out that one new guy in my squad is trying lar+HC+Dual .44 loadout. Very interesting one. I wonder if he will find a new future of SS.)
(Note again: Call me Phoenix. The prefix "Utopia" is the clan's name.)

Upvote 0
If you're Bad at this game, stop whining and adapt.
I haven't read one of your ideas which wasn't there to make the game easier.
you're always saying, you're a pro or an Elite...
you're not! if you were, you wouldn't have to ask to make the game easier.

Well sir, my pro loadout is AK+SCAR+MP5. You know? All buffs are for other weapons.
I asked for SCAR weight increased to 8, and that's a negative effect on my loadout. (After all, commando shouldn't be the one who carry a medic gun.)

Upvote 0
Dual 9mm sucks, But besides this one, everything you mentioned DO have reasons for existence.

Machete: 1 weight. Some classes cannot spare enough weight for a backup weapon. This one is nice. (For example, demo with LAW.)

Dual HC: OK. Ultimate close quarter for a SS. (This one is useful before the 1008 patch.)

Dual .44: Geez, .44*2 owns LESS recoil than the single one!

Machete for demo with LAW? I'd rather him carry pipe bombs instead. And demo with LAW uses Pistol when not using LAW. Why use Machete? No point in it.

Dual HC - okay, those make sense, I always liked those, but Dual .44 doesn't make sense anymore since it's weigh is like dual HC but it does less dmg and has less ammo. :( I used to like .44 until they made it 4 blocks...

Upvote 0
Machete for demo with LAW? I'd rather him carry pipe bombs instead. And demo with LAW uses Pistol when not using LAW. Why use Machete? No point in it.

Dual HC - okay, those make sense, I always liked those, but Dual .44 doesn't make sense anymore since it's weigh is like dual HC but it does less dmg and has less ammo. :( I used to like .44 until they made it 4 blocks...

Word from squad support again (Never mind, he is the theory provider.)

"Machete. This one is a great gear if you are low on ammo. Just chop them instead of use 9mm pistol. The crossbow SS can take one beside the standard Xbow+HC loadout. LAW demo can take it against trash. Believe me, this one solves surronding clots faster than pistol."

"Machete is also excellent choice when supports die and lose their katanas. Katana costs $1000 and that's too much on HOE. Calling a zerker and request it is almost impossible cause there are almost NO zerkers in China. If I lose my katana, I'll just buy a machete for $100."

"LAW demo. You don't need to carry pipes cause there ain't no situations which need pipes before FP arrives. A machete is good in case you got caught by clots."

"Katana. Whoever perk can remain 3 blocks of weight aside the loadout, carry one. You can carry MP7/5 if you know how to heal, but most don't. A katana is a solid choice."

Machete is a melee weapon which means NO AMMO. It is always useful. A guy with a machete is good agains small amount of trash. A guy with a katana is excellent against small groups of trash or middle zed. He won't use AA12 on a single clot- go samuari.:D

Treat machete as a subgrade katana. That's it.

Upvote 0
Bullpup is not as good as AK or SCAR. Headbusting isn't a big problem, but in most cases you need to knock down his body after decap. Bullpup can bust a clot's head in 2 shots, but probably need 10 shot to knock down his body.
(Don't even think about leave the body alone. In a fierce wave there is NO time for you to leave the body to bleed out!)

You're doing it wrong.

The bullpup has a lovely mag capacity and virtually no recoil. In a single sweep, you can effortlessly cut off the heads of a mob of clots at a distance.

It's also great for mopping up beheaded zeds and ones with only partially empty health bars.

From the sound of it, you're using it as your main and only weapon. NOBODY does that. Learn to play the game properly before you start asking the devs to make it easier for you.

Upvote 0
Machete and knife are almost same. I rather use knife which don't take space than machete which takes 1 block. Pipes as demo are usefull, just one pipe + ammo crate = 2 pipes. In future, there'd be 8 pipes like that, and when FP comes voila there u go.
A machete, if you didn't notice, is used by.. let's say... max 1% of people who play kf?

Upvote 0
You're doing it wrong.

The bullpup has a lovely mag capacity and virtually no recoil. In a single sweep, you can effortlessly cut off the heads of a mob of clots at a distance.

It's also great for mopping up beheaded zeds and ones with only partially empty health bars.

From the sound of it, you're using it as your main and only weapon. NOBODY does that. Learn to play the game properly before you start asking the devs to make it easier for you.

Sir. I'd change my starting point a little.
OK. The bullpup got a big mag of 50 rds. So what? Taking down even the smallest foe eats more than 5 rounds. If using an AK, 2 rounds is OK. 1 for head and 1 for body.

Actually, I found the M4+bullpup loadout very much similar to a MGer. But? Although M4 is higher on single-bullet damage, its reload is long. If I use M4 against large waves of zeds I'd be rushed to the face when reloading M4. Bullpup doesn't have such problem (Cause bullpup reloads so fast that almost no stop at all).

M4+bullpup, 500+500. When using this loadout, the bullpup is seriously the main gun. M4 is secondary.

Support friend of the team PMed me 5 days ago:

"Phoenix. I've seen a newcomer commando who's very experienced and rare. He uses M4+bullpup."

"The double 500 loadout is fearsome although I havn't realized this beforehand. Seem as if the bullets are free of charge...Phoenix, when playing with you, I can at least hear stops. Bull+M4 fires and that's a full mag shot...sometimes 2 mags continuously. That's awesome."

Upvote 0
Machete and knife are almost same. I rather use knife which don't take space than machete which takes 1 block. Pipes as demo are usefull, just one pipe + ammo crate = 2 pipes. In future, there'd be 8 pipes like that, and when FP comes voila there u go.
A machete, if you didn't notice, is used by.. let's say... max 1% of people who play kf?

Probably you are not experienced enough.:p

Also, machete and knife are not totally same. Machete mouse1= Knife mouse3. However, mouse1 repeats! Chop the clot heads like cabbage!
Also, (the worst situation). Some people may have changed key bindings. My alt fire is the "x" key due to S.T.A.L.K.E.R habits. Mouse3 for me is tossing frags. This key binding is a nightmare if I am forced to repeat alt fire. For a assault rifle- that's the semi/FA trigger. That's OK. But for a melee weapon? Nightmare...In such a situation, Machete mouse1 =/= Knife mouse3.

I confess that I play melee weapons EVEN WORSE than a newbie.

Upvote 0
No doubt if you concider using machete

No. Not me. My friend won't even recommand me using that. I use AK+SCAR+MP5.

My orders is to bust everything except SCs and FPs. Also heal teammates if not occupied. (Also, besides the primary 750 bullets, that's an extra 400.) Virtually there are NO demands for additional curriculum of melee weapons.:p

Upvote 0
Bullpup is not as good as AK or SCAR.

Duh. It's not supposed to be. It's called a Tier 1 weapon and the SCAR is a Tier 3. Check the game again.

Probably you are not experienced enough.:p

This coming from the guy who prides himself on singular accomplishment? Try learning each of the other 6 perks before you go calling other people inexperienced Utopia, you might learn how to actually play.

Subgrade in the same way a model train set is to the French Bullet train system. That's it.

(Note again: Call me Phoenix. The prefix "Utopia" is the clan's name.)

I'd recommend "Dystopia". Might give people a better idea of how you roll.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Duh. It's not supposed to be. It's called a Tier 1 weapon and the SCAR is a Tier 3. Check the game again.

This.
There is nothing wrong with the bullpup as it is. As you progress up the difficulty levels it may not be your choice of primary weapon anymore, but that doesn't mean that the weapon should be altered.

I use AK+SCAR+MP5.

So why are you banging on about the bullpup at all? Use the AK and SCAR and just get better at the game.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheers, fixed

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49289http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49289

As I say, that is the only LMG thread that was worth considering, and tbh would probably make a good addition... although given the need for a large number of wepaons for the other classes, would probably not be a good idea.

Gasp, it's my thread! lovelovelove :IS2:

Well yeah, but what classes would you reckon actually need more weapons? Demo and firebug? Fair enough, but it seems that TWI are working on another weapon pack so if they were to include the Bren with guns for those perks, SO MANY PEOPLE will still be pleased. Those looking for britishness, those looking for LMGs, and those looking for badassery, all in one single addition.

Considering how very damn well-recieved that old thread was and how it's still brought up within other threads today, I have half a mind to PM Yoshiro about it.

Nah, Bren is just... nah :rolleyes:
I mean, I rather weapons such as M1A1 or gatling gun :p Of course personal taste/opinion :)

If you read that thread in full, as well as have been here for the countless LMG discussions back in the day and how they'd never work, you'd probably support this one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you read that thread in full, as well as have been here for the countless LMG discussions back in the day and how they'd never work, you'd probably support this one.
I've read and been here for quite long time and I did read why they'd never work. I don't support the weapon still. Why? Because the weapon adds no fun to KF, nothing just a weapon I am not fan of. It's just personal, so no need to discuss it. I am not for it and that's it. I don't like Bren, read about it on many sites and on your thread, nothing really I'd like to see in KF. I'd say it's nothing original, nothing with nice looks, and nothing what'd add something to gameplay. But from the other hand, I dislike commandos as their firepower is nothing compared to supports and support is alot better in killing both trash zeds AND big guys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.