• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

carry more ammo

This has happened lots of times to me, so it would be nice if you could start with more ammo or at least pick some extra up at ammo supplies or ammo bags from dead soldiers, so I could have some more ammo. Running out of ammo is even more annoying at maps like Berlin.

You can almost always pick up ammo that's lying on the ground, or from an ammo dump. Carring 12 stripper clips should be more than enough, and is similar to what your average soldier would be carrying around on his person. Why do you think you should have more besides the fact that it's inconvienent for you to have to leave your spot?

Also, running out of ammo is PART of Berlin/Kriegstadt. Evil Hobo specifically made ammo scarce for the Germans on that map to simulate the horrendous supply problems the Germans had in the last days of the war. There's always plenty of ammo lying around on the ground, I'd suggest venturing out from your hidey hole before you're COMPLETELY empty and scouting out more ammo.

Upvote 0
^ it's extremely rare to ever see a rifleman out of rifle ammo. they typically don't live long enough to take 40+ shots. the few times you'll ever have a chance at seeing it is on longer maps where riflemen will camp back and attempt to get long range shots.

9 clips is plenty. i'm sitting here looking at the size of the ammo pouches i have for my Mosin-Nagant. looks like you're only able to get 2 clips into each pouch, so with 4 total pouches, that's 8 clips. unless of course you want to weigh yourself down with extra ammo pouches you'll never use....

plus it's stalingrad......both sides were experiencing ammunition shortages

Upvote 0
Well of course most riflemen don’t use up all their ammo, hardly anyone do. But it isn’t only on big maps like Berlin this happens. It mostly happens at maps like Carantan, Foy, Sturmont, hill 108 I can keep on going, but I think you guys got the point.

I can do this on, well almost any map, example Danzing done it lots of times as axis. Russians have captured the front, I like some others shout “retreat”, and always a guy says “no retreat”. We screaming “insult”, you damn moron, no point defending a point which hardly any value. The others who attack of course get some kills but well, I can just say there were more German screams than Russian. I retreat back to command centre, then to langermart getting shot two times with 23 health left 3 clips. So I go back into the spawn to get some more ammo. And I kept going, won’t bother you guys with the rest of the story.

So ammo on most maps are no problem, it just annoys me even more the fact that I can’t just pick some more clips. Especially when there is this dead body and his bag of ammo and his gun, the bag just laying there he won’t need it, I of course will. So just want to take the freaking ammo and just take the whole damn thing and strap it on me. I don’t care if a go slower and faster lose stamina. I got more than enough stamina, at most of the times.

And LogisticEarth you can always get some ammo you want, but normally it’s in the fire zone, because that’s where the dead people are. But well when if you go there, you will most likely end up dead, as the rest. After you have survived in ten minutes, you really don’t want to die I tell you. Most times it can be avoided to get into the combat, but sometimes it can’t. And well, if i just could have picked up the extra ammo from a dead solider 5 min ago I wouldn’t have to worry about my ammo at all.

You can survive against all odds if you retreat tactically, when you should.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
rifleman out of ammo, complaining about how risky it's to pick up ammo from dead bodies ?

excuse me but this sounds too much "I'm a proud camper" to me :|

if you survive long enough to fire all your clips and still can't find a reachable body during that time, you're camping way too much.

And yea, we can call Captain Realism to the rescue with the ammo shortage :D

Upvote 0
For me, I get 9 clips for all my rifles that are fed by them. :confused:

As for carrying ammo, there is a limit, and there should be. Say you have 6 mags, and you find 6 more. How are you going to put that extra pouch on? If you do carry one, it will be in a different position, if you can even attach more than one in the first place.

I don't want this game to become unrealistic or be focused on getting kills only. The limits are both realistic and reasonable gameplay wise.

Will you run out of ammo? Sometimes. But, that is what happens in war. ;) That is part of the gameplay.

ETA: You mean 6 mags in your last reply?

Upvote 0
I gave up searching, but maybe one of you could help me (us) out? How many ammo pouches were issued to soldiers in and around Stalingrad? If I remember correctly, I have once read that the average rifle man had 2 grenades and 6 mags + the one in the rifle!? This should obviously have dropped down at the later stage of Stalingrad battle.

What I think to be a great advancement would be if players could decide to add let's say 4 clips more to their stack when giving up the grenades. For some maps, as rifle man, i also would have preferred not to have a nade while I would love to have more ammo (RO: Konigsplatz/Berezina for reference)

Upvote 0
You killed 32 Axis soldiers and never once thought to pick up their weapons/munitions?

Did any of your Allies die? Why didn't you pick up their munitions?

This is the way of war. Some men die before they expend all their ammunition, others blow it all. When you pick up a dead man's shot, it all even's out.

And the lack of an ammo resupply is just bad map design, no Tripwire maps lack ammo resupplies to my knowledge.

Upvote 0