[Error] can't launch RO (Maybe Darkest Hour related)

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 10, 2009
Burning rubble of Koenigsberg
Hi,

i have been playing RO for months without any problem, until today.

Now, when i launch the game i have the following error:

"Runtime Error!
Program:...,\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Just before i have started the download of Darkest Hour Mod, through Steam.

I suspended it along the way (i was so anxious to play RO and the DL was slowing my connection <g>) and i've deleted its local contents.

And now i can't play.

Help please!

Keyser_Söze

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 27, 2008
I am having the same problem. Was playing DH just fine earlier but now DH and RO both crash with C++ runtime errors after startup. I recieved a Steam client update shortly before this problem started.

Franc-Tireur

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 25, 2007
paris
I have the exact same problem :mad::confused:
i verified cache more than 7 times , nothing happens , always the same error , i'm gutted

Since i was so pished tonight , i'm deleting everything and reinstalling

Last edited:

Franc-Tireur

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 25, 2007
paris
Deleted RO/Steam and reinstalled everything last time , it was a long download but it paid off since now DH and RO works perfectly .

In my opinion , this error was provoked by the fact that i had already the Darkest hour mod , and when i tried the download the "new" DH mod through steam , i deleted the "old" DH mod folder During the download of the "new" DH mod .

This is probably what messed it up although i'm not sure , but opting for the extremist solution of deleting and reinstalling everything solves the problem although it costed me about 4 hours of re-downloading as my internet connexion sucks .

Last edited:

martymaximus

FNG / Fresh Meat
I would just move your redorchestra.ini out and delete darkesthour.ini.
Start DH it will build a new Darkesthour.ini. Dont forget to make your tweaks to this cachesize comes to mind. You can then put your Red O .ini file back in its place so you dont have to re-edit it as well. I was having the same troubles depicted here and the above is what I found via trial and error.

Unreal, that worked.. Thanks heaps.

Wanie

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2009
mmmm?

mmmm?

Hey, i get same error (pure virtual function call...) followed by this bug report :

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2400 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (8250)

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::UWindowsViewport <- CloseWindow <- UViewport::Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UWindowsClient::NewViewport <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I tried your fix but didnt work.
What do you mean DivineHammer by : "Dont forget to make your tweaks to this cachesize comes to mind."
Please explain.
Thanks a bunch.