• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can connect but not for long.

yep connecting twice seems to work occasionaly.

unfortunately this seems to be a UT2.5 / TWI thing. i had it start happening in RO:O a little while back and never found a fix other than sometimes reconnecting working.

i would realy appreciate a member of TWI responding with some sort of comforting comments about being aware of the problem and working on a fix.
i will keep jumping through hoops to get into a game when i can as its defenitely worth it once in.

is there a debug mode that we can use in order to get more comprehensive logs to help you diagnose the cause of these DC's ?

Upvote 0
Any updates on this? Could we get an answer from a TW employee please? Something to give full us with a little hope that this issue is being addressed.

At the moment it looks like other issues are receiving attention (TW employees posting in threads) but not this one, and this one is fairly major.

Upvote 0
I have spent nearly 6 hours today searching for a server that would let me play for more than 20 seconds, sometimes i'm just sat in spectator watching zombies run around smashing into things, other times I actually get in, get given a pistol, and can shoot out my rage with the infinite ammo because the server doesn't even know i'm shooting.

This is your problem Tripwire, not mine, if there was a problem, I should have been warned before I purchased this product. I should not have to open my port's because of your shoddy coding, nor should I have to buy a new modem because of it.

Now I paid money for this product, and I have the receipt to prove it, I did not buy it to sit in a server lobby listening to your choice of music, nor did I buy it to play Solo. I bought it to play online, with actual human being's, for a lengthy period of time, not 20 seconds.

I will be bumping this thread, on the hour, every hour I am available, until this problem is fixed, or you will refund me my money.

Upvote 0
I'm also having this problem. I have tried forwarding all ports, disabling AV and firewalls. I have reinstalled the game from scratch. I have tried all the config tweaks listed.

I'm connecting using an O2 Wireless Box II (although I'm connected to it through a CAT5 cable). I noticed at least two others were using this router.

I've not managed to play a single multiplayer game since I bought it. Reconnecting to the same server does not work for me.

Upvote 0
Still got this problem too, I'll try connecting to one of Zetsumei's servers tonight. I'd be more than happy to donate some time and my computer to help fix this bug - if a TWI employee or helper could PM me then I'll start the troubleshooting steps :)

Oddly enough, Tranx has the same router as me. My router isn't an O2 box but a Be* Box, which is who O2 use as their ADSL carrier.

Upvote 0
Hey i have the same issue using 02 wirelessbox 2 aswell it might be an issue to do with the router although all my other games work fine online. I thought i was the only one with the issue its getting irritating as ive only got to play one round and that was laggy as hell every other server i get this issue :(.

Upvote 0
Well a patch just came out that might help some people but I thought I'd post to say that I fixed all my issues with ludicrous pings and timeouts earlier today, by swapping my router.

I was using a Thomson Speedtouch 536 that I've had for a year or so, but I got a newer Thomson model recently when I swapped my ADSL provider, I didnt think for a second that it would actually help but I tried it just in case and its solved everything, I havnt even had to forward any ports on it or anything.

I guess this issue might very well be an incompatability with certain routers and gateways.

Upvote 0