• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can a dev tell me?

DarkHunt3r

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
In the patch notes for the latest patch, it states;

Satchel objectives can now be 'captured' by destroying the target

Now the only two destroyable objectives I have noticed in the game are on Red October (If anyone has seen any more, please tell) These being the welding shed, and the signal box.

I tried countless times today to destroy and capture these today, planted about 10 different satchels on each of these objectives, to no avail, the only way to capture them was to sit in as normal

So just exactly what can be captured by being destroyed? And how?

On Red October Factory there are 2 objectives that can either be destroyed by satchel or captured.

It was disabled (silently) when we found out that it could result in the map breaking the second time it is run. We addressed that issue and put it out in the latest patch.

As to destroyable objects with satchels there are a few around the maps with engineers. Doors and tank hedgehogs are the majority.

Upvote 0
Interesting, didnt know you could destroy hedgehogs!

Perhaps it would be useful to add an indicator to the tactical display for items that are destructible by satchels?

oh c'mon... is it your first video game?

we didn't need indicators for secret places in mario world. all the fun is in discovering it yourself.

would anyone please quote that "if quake was done today" video that's been posted somewhere?

Upvote 0

we didn't need indicators for secret places in mario world. all the fun is in discovering it yourself.

Just to point out that in Mario and lots of other single player games, you can generally mess about at will as if there's a time limit it's normally generous, and you're also not risking being killed instantly the moment you step out of cover.

In RO or any other multiplayer shooter, you don't have the option to explore as someone normally comes along and shoots you while you're trying to do just that.

Upvote 0
To be fair they were indicated on the map in RO1. ;)

But yeah I agree with you, that's one feature I don't miss in the sequel.

Indeed, they were usually noted on the map with an axis or allies icon.

One example would be RO-Karlovka, where the road blocks on bridge 2 were noted on the map, yet destroying them or not destroying them had no impact on winning the game, as they weren't real objectives..... they just gave the Germans another route to flank Bridge 1 & House.

I can't say I have tried to blow any objects up in RO2, as I just don't have the time to run around testing various objects before I'm shot at.

Reactions: TT33 and barakas
Upvote 0
On Red October Factory there are 2 objectives that can either be destroyed by satchel or captured.

It was disabled (silently) when we found out that it could result in the map breaking the second time it is run. We addressed that issue and put it out in the latest patch.

As to destroyable objects with satchels there are a few around the maps with engineers. Doors and tank hedgehogs are the majority.

Thanks for the reply, but did you actually read my post? I mentioned the two objectives on Red October, both the welding shed and the signal box, you still CANNOT destroy them, you can only capture them...

Or did you mean you had disabled the function AGAIN and it will be released in the next patch?

Upvote 0
Indeed, they were usually noted on the map with an axis or allies icon.

One example would be RO-Karlovka, where the road blocks on bridge 2 were noted on the map, yet destroying them or not destroying them had no impact on winning the game, as they weren't real objectives..... they just gave the Germans another route to flank Bridge 1 & House.

I can't say I have tried to blow any objects up in RO2, as I just don't have the time to run around testing various objects before I'm shot at.

That's not what I meant though. Destroyable objects that were not objectives were indicated on the map by red circles.

Upvote 0
Interesting, didnt know you could destroy hedgehogs!

Perhaps it would be useful to add an indicator to the tactical display for items that are destructible by satchels?

Please excuse my lack of english vocabulary... and yes I will google it after sent... but Hedgehogs ?

I picture a satchel charge with hedgehogs scotch taped on it...
And I like the adorable hedgehogs.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=hedge...&tbnw=220&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0

I would have made a funny image... but I am off to shoot people in the head in RO :D

Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0

would anyone please quote that "if quake was done today" video that's been posted somewhere?

Thank you for that comment. I hope you feel all warm and fuzzy inside now.

So far I have yet to see anyone play effectively as an engineer on red october, and I'll bet it is because they have no idea what they're supposed to destroy, especially on the later objectives. This feature is needed, although I would prefer it on the tactical display rather than having the objects glow.

Please excuse my lack of english vocabulary... and yes I will google it after sent... but Hedgehogs ?

I picture a satchel charge with hedgehogs scotch taped on it...
And I like the adorable hedgehogs.

I would have made a funny image... but I am off to shoot people in the head in RO :D

These are hedgehogs. :)

ez-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0