• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

I actually wish Treyarch stuck with WWII. From a singleplayer perspective, World At War was actually pretty interesting, with the landing at Pelelieu and fighting on Okinawa. But as much as I want a Vietnam game too, it doesn't seem like Black Ops will be the game for that. It doesn't even look like it will specifically take place in the 1960s-1970s. It's a shame, because that has a lot of potential, yet it seems like Black Ops might end up a Modern Warfare 2.5.

Upvote 0
Full trailer is up @Gametrailers.com

Judging by that trailer the game looks like utter bull**** so far imo. Seriously what is this supposed to be? It looks like a Modern Warfare 2.1 at best. Also graphics looks pretty outdated. On one hand that's probably to blame to some extent on the video quality, but come on how can they still use the goddamn same engine. If they at least had different engines there would be more variety.

Upvote 0
Yea, that trailer looked not too spectacular. I'd rather have them keep one theme, like Vietnam.
I'm actually glad they are honestly venturing into spy-thriller territory more and more now and make action-movie-like games that take place during wars but aren't war-shooters anymore in the sense that the earlier CoD titles were.
It makes all the annoying aspects like corridorred levels, respawning foes, outrageous premises for missions, over-the-top action and that the games take themselves so serious despite all the cheese more swallowable. Still not to the point of really making me want to play a singleplayer campaign of theirs again but I think it's the right direction at least.

Upvote 0
Well it seems that anyone with more than 50 braincells was already complaining about MW2s bull**** story, so I do think that people actually preferred if at least part of the story was focused on army battles. Doesn't sound logical because you'd think all the kids and morons would prefer cool spy **** but whenever I watch a new Spec Ops trailer @GTTV, the comments are full of 'this is BS, just like MW2' comments.

Upvote 0
What "kids and morons" want are playable, enjoyable Hollywood wars, but they want to be told it's the real deal.
Well, I hate that because I can see I'm being lied to and they don't do it with a smirk but with a straight face, expecting me to be moronic enough to fall for it.
If they pack their nonsensical combat scenarios into a "bull**** story" with "spy ****" this goes against the juvenile expectations of the "kids and morons" because suddenly the stupid "this is real war, kids" facade is torn down, but for me it's actually better because now they are telling honest lies. I can live with that.

Counting brain cells is pointless. It's a matter of taste and priorities.

Upvote 0
Well it seems that anyone with more than 50 braincells was already complaining about MW2s bull**** story, so I do think that people actually preferred if at least part of the story was focused on army battles. Doesn't sound logical because you'd think all the kids and morons would prefer cool spy **** but whenever I watch a new Spec Ops trailer @GTTV, the comments are full of 'this is BS, just like MW2' comments.

the same 5000 people from that "boycott mw2" group on steam who ended up all buying MW2 and playing it for over 800 hours? all of them with no exceptions?
as an old core member used to say, "haters gonna hate"

Upvote 0