• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

'Bug' Zapper! (Firebug Weapon Suggestion)

The pic is misleading.

I like how you presented your idea, though. :)

Anyways.

I think it'd be a good addition. As long as it is balanced.

Not sure whether I'd prefer having it be a tier 1 or tier 3 weapon. If it has those chaotic lightning beams, definitively tier 3 because it's awesome :cool:

If possible, the 'Bug' Zapper standalone can be T1 and when used in conjunction with the methanol canister, its crowd control and damage would make it worthy of T3 status.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really like this idea and can see it being very good in close quarters situations. I just think it would have some weaknesses in terms of crowd control in the "more open" maps (e.g. farm). Also on a side note: i find it hard to believe that specimens can walk "through" already placed fire. In order to catch fire they must be directly hit with this. why?

Upvote 0
I have no idea, but if the flamethrower can light the surface it hits on fire for a limited amount of time, igniting everything that passes over it, Then the flamethrower would be MUCH more effective.

With that in mind, I can totally picture in kf-Manor where you can see inside the house of large flames burning inside, and with it are the screams of specimens as they flail around on fire, And in the front door You see him stepping through the flames, With a flamethrower, And a gas mask, Walk out while putting on a new tank of napalm on his flamethrower. :cool:

Although back on topic, When the bug zapper is upgraded will it be able to hurt a fleshpound or a scrake with ease or even kill them such as the crossbow? or will it take prolonged use on him that would make it look like somthing out of ghost busters.

Upvote 0
Any intelligent person would simply switch to Firebug after selecting another perk to start with then :rolleyes:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG! :p

Nah seriously that is a little unfair to say if you wanna be a firebug you can't until you've been something else first. Didn't ever stop me of course, but still :p

But no other class needs anothers help to get going... cept maybe demo, but he don't count :p

Upvote 0
I honestly just wish they would give us a beefier flamethrower, why everyone keeps trying to come up with something complicated is beyond me, just FINALLY give us something ELSE to use other then a flamethrower.

Tweak the current model call it the 'complete' version, make it cost a lot more then the standard, either reduce or remove recoil and of course beef up its damage, hell, I would be fine if you removed the 'crisp' effect from it so it gets a straight damage boost.

I love the FB but damn, seeing ALL these new weapons coming out for all the other classes on top of the new class just makes me sad watching everyone have something else to shoot for weapon wise while I just get to pittle around with the gun I spawn with, while fun, it is in a sense boring because there is NOTHING else for a FB to even look forward to getting other then a 4 slot gun to toy around with.

Just give us SOMETHING.....please...:(

Upvote 0
Dude. Being a Berzerker, I know exactly how you feel. You have one weapon (katana) and are scared of Flesh Pounds. Ditto. Maybe you will get a better flame thrower and I will get a better sword.

At any rate, I like the idea of the taser. It would be really nice to have for the FPs. It may be silly for clots because a knife just kills them, but even a regular police taser would be great to stun/shock FPs because of all thier electronics.

A regular police taser would still stun him (like a head bowing Husk) and allow either you or a beserker stand a chance of living. I'm in. A simple $100 police tazer would balance us both out. I won't even ***** about my chainsaw anymore. Tazers all around!

Upvote 0