• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms HH E3 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B57dW3A-DT0

To be superly annoying, it is not exactly impossible. Considering engagement range seen in the trailer.

Even though I have to admit, it does look silly.

Come on now. That guys is

a. In "the position"
b. Holding the gun by the bipod
c. Firing small bursts

You can see how much the recoil is messing him around, in BiA he's holding it by the barrel, firing full auto and hitting everything he's shooting at. Not to mention the absurd "Oh hang on whilst I slip another belt into it in 2 seconds" reload.

Upvote 0
He doesn't actualy move with the gun from that one spot, and its an early video. So my guess is its a weired early version of a deployable mg42 with the animations still a bit wonky. You guys are way to quick to condem, the developers have provided two fairly entertaining single player romps so far, no reason to suggest this will be any different.

Upvote 0
Gosh you people are ignorant. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY DO IN THE VIDEO. Neither are there enemies running around hipfiring MG42s either. They made that for the run&gun people AND they always said you could play it both ways, tactically like the way it's supposed to be AND also run&gun. I don't like it either but it's not like Randy Pitchford is coming personally to your home and shoot you if you don't use the MG42.

Also in the GC-version there was no MG42, except for the one in the tower, so what exactly are you talking about? GC-version was very tactically just like previous BiAs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does seem pretty stupid tbh. This would be the first BIA for me, and it looks like it won't be any:rolleyes:.

Consolofied arcade BS. Wouldn't mind so much if they admited it, but things like that have no place in a "tactical" FPS.

Who's treyarch though? Are they not the people who made COH? and if so what do they have to do with this?

Upvote 0
Treyarch is developing CoD5 atm. And Relic did CoH.

Sure BiA will be arcadey to some degree but I never expected a RO singleplayer with a story and an elobarate tactics feature. You have to like the game for what it is. I will wait for the reviews (demo?) and then decicde if it is worth my time or even money ;)
While I wouldn't call it arcady you are right.

Upvote 0
Gosh you people are ignorant. YOU DONT HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY DO IN THE VIDEO. Neither are there enemies running around hipfiring MG42s either. They made that for the run&gun people AND they always said you could play it both ways, tactically like the way it's supposed to be AND also run&gun. I don't like it either but it's not like Randy Pitchford is coming personally to your home and shoot you if you don't use the MG42.

Also in the GC-version there was no MG42, except for the one in the tower, so what exactly are you talking about? GC-version was very tactically just like previous BiAs.

Ignorant - Uneducated, unaware, unknowledgable. So how are people being ignorant?

So, you don't have to do what they do in the video. But the fact is you can do it. And "it's for the run&gun people" is not an excuse. But lets not get started on why you're trying to appeal to a run&gun audience with your tactical team based fps franchise.

What is the point of going to great lengths to achieve as much realism as possible (locations, characters, weaponry etc) if you're going to put in something as absurd as this? Why bother employing military experts and advisors to help you develop the game?

You can stand there, holding the gun by the barrel, unloading belt after belt of ammunition (not firing in bursts) with more accuracy than you can probably manage with the Thompson. And reload it probably just as fast.

Upvote 0
The only insults in this thread are coming from 1 member. Up to that point it's just been several people stating their opinions on the game. Besides, I'd hardly call SP a gametype. It's not like you can make the game more realistic in SP by toggling a 'realism' box or anything (as far as I know :eek: ).

Although, from what I gather, that MG42 video is a fairly early one so they *might* have fixed it. I guess the only way to find out to wait and see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see where alot of you guy's get this idea that hip-shooting an LMG is completely unrealistic. The US doctrine (well, one part of it) when the M60 was still the main GPMG in use employed marching fire in which the M60 gunner (with a sling) would do an assualt march while hip-shooting the M60 in the direction of the enemy.

Also, just because you are shooting an LMG from the hip, it doesn't all of a sudden mean that you can't hit the broad side of a barn 50-100m out in front of you. In fact, it really wouldn't be that hard to walk a stream of bullets across targets down range.

but......

Yes, I do agree that what he did with the MG-42 was a bit ridiculous. There would certainly be alot less control in the weapon and the reloading should be much slower. But even hipshooting the MG-42 in real life would have put a hurting (whether hits or suppression) on those Germans running around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see where alot of you guy's get this idea that hip-shooting an LMG is completely unrealistic. The US doctrine (well, one part of it) when the M60 was still the main GPMG in use employed marching fire in which the M60 gunner (with a sling) would do an assualt march while hip-shooting the M60 in the direction of the enemy.

Also, just because you are shooting an LMG from the hip, it doesn't all of a sudden mean that you can't hit the broad side of a barn 50-100m out in front of you. In fact, it really wouldn't be that hard to walk a stream of bullets across targets down range.

No one is saying that firing the MG42 from the "assault position" is unrealistic. Just that the way it is portrayed in that video is bonkers and stupid.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also you cant compare the m60 with a sling to the 1200rpm MG42 errr without one!

Seriously though the super-accurate firing from the hip feature is just one, but enemy AI hiding behind picket fences that you have to shoot to 'reveal' them is just hilarious! And the slo-mo camera is just screaming arcade!

Sure you can turn it off, but its so obvious what kind of gamer HH has been designed around :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oh well whatever. I've played the game, other than you I know what it plays like and what to expect from it. So if you wish(and I know you will) just keep bashing it, I'm going to buy the CE and enjoy the game instead. I'm really such a arcade console noob, pfft, I've only been playing OFP+Arma since 5 years, RO since it's mod days and so on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0