• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bridges Of Druzhina - totally epic, but...

T34 is overkill and inappropriate for attachment to an inf platoon.

It should be an Su76 Assault Gun. Infantry support.
Oh tasty... and if it's the open-top version (SU-76M), it could maybe get hijacked and turned on the allies if they try to go off unsupported :D :D :D

Could give it some smoke rounds to compensate for no machine gun, and would be handy if there was ever a Korean War expansion sometime.

Upvote 0
Well what year is the map suppose to be? LOL. If 1944 then ya, su76. If 1942 probably a t60 or t70. Hell maybe even an old t26. Well actually in earlier period would be whatever unit was close and could do it. So anything from a t60 to a KV1. Or just sled mounted maxims or a field gun. :eek:

Oh ya, good point. I forgot to account for timeline. Makes a lot more sense for it to be a T34 I guess. But but but there WERE 25 Su76s made in 1942...

Upvote 0
The map is now possible to win as Russians, but 90% of the time they still run out of reinforcements.

Ofcourse this can be avoided by playing like the awesome heroes we are :)D), but I feel the map is still a little unbalanced.

Maybe it's a team stacking problem... hard to tell. But this too won't get better if the Germans keep winning.

2 light tanks would be better here in my opinion.

Upvote 0
Finally worked out how to stream while playing, here's a round of Bridges from yesterday (I'm Allied engineer, trying my best to not blow up half my team this time, LOL)...

[url]http://youtu.be/1pnZxwfpZKc[/URL]

I think it's probably as balanced as can be expected while retaining an asymmetric feel to it.

@IncubusDragon
I was the TeamLeader: Pilot_Corto in this Game. I played without Headset. I hope I was not too bad.
It was an nice fight. I really really like this map. But it is hard to win as allie. Teamwork is all on this map.

Upvote 0
@IncubusDragon
I was the TeamLeader: Pilot_Corto in this Game. I played without Headset. I hope I was not too bad.
It was an nice fight. I really really like this map. But it is hard to win as allie. Teamwork is all on this map.
Cool, nice to see you here :)

While we were playing I was thinking the artillery strikes were too close to objectives, but I was wrong because you got the timing right to hit enemy and not us, hehehe. Good job, and generally we had a good game.

Upvote 0
Cool, nice to see you here :)

While we were playing I was thinking the artillery strikes were too close to objectives, but I was wrong because you got the timing right to hit enemy and not us, hehehe. Good job, and generally we had a good game.

yep, we had a good time on this map... I saw you killing "Sniper Mosin" at East Bridge behind that wall.

See you soon again.

Greetings

Upvote 0
The map is great; but my gripe with it is not whether I can win or lose it, but more how overplayed it is. I'm worried that server owners are doing to this what was done to Mamayev; killing the fun of it by allowing for it to be voted for 2 or 3 times in a row on servers that have 2-3 rounds. I love playing this map, and the first go on it is always great, everyone working hard to try to attack/defend, but the second or third time through just taints the experience.

Upvote 0
On bridges it is clear that defender recap needs to be removed, specifically on objectives A, B, D and E.

Defender recap is a fundamentally flawed concept when the map is as biased towards the defenders as Bridges is. It leads to whole games being bogged down at one set of objectives, which is boring for everyone - defenders included - when there is even a slight team skill imbalance. Since most of the time there is a team skill imbalance, and particularly in HoS Axis is usually stacked (by a bunch of players who don't know how to play fair), maps should be designed to account for this by removing defender recapture.

TWI finally did it on Guadalcanal so they clearly realise it is a flawed concept, so there is no excuse for it not to be implemented on bridges also for A, B, D and E. The recent changes fixed A and B, but D and E are still the most broken objectives on the map.

Upvote 0