• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Body debate II

you are right, but you can randomize by 1,65 m to 1,80 m....it's a small difference that increase the realism but not damage the playability of the game, and if one soldier is a little fatter than other one, this won't be a problem....small physical differences will increase the realism of the game without create problems of playability :)

wich still would make quite an impact on the game itself

imagine playing a typical RO:Ost trenchmap
the trenches often are too high/too low to actually rest your weapon on them
i know that HoS will feature a 1st person cover system but there still will be occasions where you wont use that feature and then +-10cm of playerheight make a big difference

anything thats randomized and presses the player into a hinderance/advantage makes a game worse imo

Upvote 0
wich still would make quite an impact on the game itself

imagine playing a typical RO:Ost trenchmap
the trenches often are too high/too low to actually rest your weapon on them
i know that HoS will feature a 1st person cover system but there still will be occasions where you wont use that feature and then +-10cm of playerheight make a big difference

anything thats randomized and presses the player into a hinderance/advantage makes a game worse imo

You are totaly wrong, taller soldiers should crouch more in trench something like covering terain profile to your wiev :rolleyes: ... There is no impact on the game itself. Imagine that taller players should crouch little more than smaller and that is all.

Upvote 0
You are totaly wrong, taller soldiers should crouch more in trench something like covering terain profile to your wiev :rolleyes: ... There is no impact on the game itself. Imagine that taller players should crouch little more than smaller and that is all.

saying there is no impact is just plainly wrong :rolleyes:
so you would like an variable stance mode wich would bring all the players back to equal height?

Upvote 0
saying there is no impact is just plainly wrong :rolleyes:
so you would like an variable stance mode wich would bring all the players back to equal height?

There should be difference in hight while you running or walking around, but if you want cover to hight of 1,3m, taller soldier should crouch little more to same hight than shorter soldier. Its simple.

It should take more time to code it but its not big deal if you making absolutely new game. Listen bro HOS is still under hard developement, lot of new things should be imlemented. Every new idea is good for game like RO, we also want new RO, not just copy of RO in better engine.

I think that different hight for soldier will bring unique gameplay. Something more than general first person multyplayer shooter. I belive in it, if you not its your choice.

Upvote 0
There should be difference in hight while you running or walking around, but if you want cover to hight of 1,3m, taller soldier should crouch little more to same hight than shorter soldier. Its simple.

It should take more time to code it but its not big deal if you making absolutely new game. Listen bro HOS is still under hard developement, lot of new things should be imlemented. Every new idea is good for game like RO, we also want new RO, not just copy of RO in better engine.

I think that different hight for soldier will bring unique gameplay. Something more than general first person multyplayer shooter. I belive in it, if you not its your choice.

you seriously havnt got a clue what im talking about :rolleyes:

how would the game know if im standing behind a wall and want to look over it but im too small, while the one being 1,85m (well 1,85 isnt tall, im 1,84 myself) can perfectly see over it?

this suggestion isnt even worth discussing it any further, so i'll stop it now :rolleyes:

and saying that this wouldnt have any impace on the game is just plain stupid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you seriously havnt got a clue what im talking about :rolleyes:

how would the game know if im standing behind a wall and want to look over it but im too small, while the one being 1,85m (well 1,85 isnt tall, im 1,84 myself) can perfectly see over it?

this suggestion isnt even worth discussing it any further, so i'll stop it now :rolleyes:

and saying that this wouldnt have any impace on the game is just plain stupid

Its matter of new gameplay and I like it. You have right to say no but I say yes, because it could change game itself to new ways.

Upvote 0
i think that in single-player there is no problem about random height and figure of I.A. enemies and allies.

about multiplayer is difficult to say.....some people could like this and another people don't like....beta-tester should try the game in multi-player mode with random height and note if gameplay is good or bad, this is the only way....

Upvote 0
ok then

could the devs please code it so PeterPans is 2,50m tall, has asthma, has bad eyesight, is fat and cant run for sh**?

this will teach him to make such suggestions :D

Thats kinda unnecessary, isnt it enough to disagree one time and then end it there?

I dont think such variables as hight should be in a competitive game. Atleast no big differences in height.

Upvote 0